• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A list off booklets for sheffield patients having wls

BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT

She won't mind or think your pushy she is really nice
Then you can choose the best date for you

Hi Mark. thanks for all the good luck wishes, got a letter this afternoon saying my operation is booked at the Sheffield Thornbury Hospital on Wednesday 30th october 2013.
so milk and yog diet "bring it on" lol, its my birthday on the 13th october so well pleased.
BBB

wow that was quick! good luck hun, new life here you come

That's fantastic news what a time as well means you'll be able to enjoy Christmas as well
Also new you in the new year
Good luck with the milk diet it's hard but gets better after a few days but is tough
Take care

Thanks for the booklets maphillips. I was referred in August for wls, I received a letter just over a week ago to attend a seminar in November. Does this mean I will be having the operation ? or will I not know for a while. I have no other information or appointments to do with this yet.
Thanks in advance.
Kirsty

You normally go for the seminar to explain all the ins and outs of the surgery
It's not that bad you meet his team they are all very nice
You will get an appointment to see mr ackroyd then he will refer you for surgery then it's a pre op and then about 3-6 weeks time his waiting lists are not to long
But don't worry he is fantastic and all the hospital staff are great let me know how you get on and when your appointment is will see if I am around as work at northern general
Take care

You normally go for the seminar to explain all the ins and outs of the surgery It's not that bad you meet his team they are all very nice You will get an appointment to see mr ackroyd then he will refer you for surgery then it's a pre op and then about 3-6 weeks time his waiting lists are not to long But don't worry he is fantastic and all the hospital staff are great let me know how you get on and when your appointment is will see if I am around as work at northern general Take care

Thank you, I have been told Dr. Ackroyd is really nice already, so being told again eases my mind some more. I am there for the seminar on the 21st of November, I will let you know how it goes. Thank you again
Kirsty

Will try and meet up for 5ins if I am not busy but all his team are great
If I see him on my travels I always say hello he never recognised me last time what made me laugh as I have lost just 12 stone in 12 months was quite a good feeling
I know you'll find him great just do what he says and things will be fine what surgery do you want and do you live local
Also do you know were they hold the seminars it's in Barnsley road enter acne at the building just before chesterman
Take care
Mark

Will try and meet up for 5ins if I am not busy but all his team are great If I see him on my travels I always say hello he never recognised me last time what made me laugh as I have lost just 12 stone in 12 months was quite a good feeling I know you'll find him great just do what he says and things will be fine what surgery do you want and do you live local Also do you know were they hold the seminars it's in Barnsley road enter acne at the building just before chesterman Take care Mark

Yes, I live in sheffield and I am thinking about the gastric band as I am only young and been told this is best if I want children etc but I still have plenty of time to decide and find out what is best. No, I only know that they have them once a month at NG. I have been referred for nhs. I have little info on what happens though I have read up a lot on gastric band op..

Me ackroyd will advise best he is very good he does a lot of sleeves as has a lot less problems than a band
And is safe for kids mind you the bypass does not affect pregnancy just need to make sure you vitamins are kept up
Take care

THANKS FOR SUPPORT

That's fantastic news what a time as well means you'll be able to enjoy Christmas as well
Also new you in the new year
Good luck with the milk diet it's hard but gets better after a few days but is tough
Take care

Hi Maphillips.
Just one last day today with milk diet it wasn't easy lol, but I still like the taste of milk which im pleased about and still love cherry yogs, but hate jellys thanks for all your help and support its been very kind of you.

sml case to pack and cpact machine, worried more about that bloody cathiter lol then anything else.

BBB

Glad you have stayed focused I found mouth spray the best thing as had a terrible dry mouth catheter is not that bad you the staff are great
Will be thinking about you good luck for tomorrow you'll be fine he is very good
Take care

Good luck today BBB!!

Kirsty

Hi everyone, thought I would join in with this thread. Thank you for posting the leaflets Maphillips. Im just getting ready for my pre op on 18/11/2013, ready for my sleeve with Mr Ackroyd. Getting a bit nervous now but honestly cannot wait! :) hope you got on ok BBB

Really pleased you found it usefull I did good luck with your op you'll be fine and mr ackroyd and his team are fantastic

Daft of me I know, but I forgot my letter at home yesterday and I've got the seminar today and I've totally forgot which building I need to go to for the seminar at NGH... Do any if you guys remember where you went? Hopefully it's in the same place. Thanks

Kirsty

Nevermind, I got I touch with them and found out where to go lol

Kirsty

Hi it's medical education block just next door to chesterman
Come in Barnsley road entrance turn right and it's on the left about 300 metres
Good luck

Hi it's medical education block just next door to chesterman Come in Barnsley road entrance turn right and it's on the left about 300 metres Good luck

Thank you mark!

Kirsty

Back