• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A new beginning !!!

Janeykil

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on here so please be gentle with me... I have been reading all the amazing information and the wealth of knowledge on here and thought it was about time I dipped my toes in the water....
I am due for my gastric band tomorrow and I'm getting a little jittery now.. I've managed the dreaded milk diet for a week and will never want a glass of milk again!!
I'm all packed up ready for a very early start at 4:30 am to get to Dolan park, really looking forward to that !!
I would like to share my experience on here and ask questions if I get stuck if you don't mind. Here's to a New Beginning and a new me.::):)

Welcome janeykil i am a by- passer but this is a great site. you will make many friends. I will be your first Good Luck for tomor, xxxx

Hi you have the same surgeon as my (I am a bypass) Dolan park is nice I went there for my pre-op stuff but I had my op in Solihull wanted to say good luck xx

hello and welcome!
good luck for your "new me" day !

Thanks for the best wishes from everyone....we'll this is it!!! Am suitably starving and sleep deprived and on my way to the midlands for my op. Scared but excited. Will be back later.....

Hi and welcome! Hope it all went well.

You had the same surgeon as me, and I was just fine - fingers crossed you will be too :)

You can relax now, it's all over - best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hi all, I'm sort of back in the land of the living!! I've been dozin on and off all day drinking in between but still feeling a bit rough yet. Am hoping to feel a bit brighter tomoz. I have a lot of shoulder tip pain so am moving around when I can and the belly is rather sore lol.. Onwards and upwards to each new day. I'm reading all your advice and tips on here so feel in good hands. Thanks for the good wishes, It helps knowing you are out there having been through it. X

hi welcome and good luck with the rest of your journey plenty of rest for a speedy recovery

Hi Janey, just caught your thread firstly welcome and a very big congrats on your band get plenty of rest and recover quickly :) x x x

Glad everything went well... The dreaded shoulder wind pain is awful try some windeze chews wont be long now and you will feel so much brighter. Take it easy get plenty of rest but walk a little if you can it moves the wind when you can start farting its nearly over x

Ha ha that's really made me laugh out loud. I was banded on the 21st January and had awful trapped wind pain. Then 4 days later like you say the passing wind started, honestly it was as if someone deflated me with a pin. It was the best feeling ever, I've honestly never known trumping to last so long (it made me blush and i was on my own).

Haha...that's made me laugh!! My kids think I'm going to explode the amount of Gas coming from me... My eldest has said we're not to light any candles later incase the house blows up ..lol...

I'm feeling a lot better today, still sore but moving easier. I'm having plenty of fluids but my mouth is soooo manky..
In need of something refreshing but struggling.
Come on ladies, any ideas? I've been reading all the post op threads and have everything in ready but don't feel like I fancy anything.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, each day will be better , and I get so much inspiration reading all your stories , ...
I wait with anticipation to hear from the newbies and take all the wisdom from the post oppers..
This is a Brilliant site....thank you to everyone. X

I drank elderflower cordial with loads of ice in it so it was freezing, Its so hard to quench your thirst after. You could maybe suck a polo but dont be tempted to crunch and chew. I struggled after its hard to know what to do. I had slim fast and smoothies (all on advice from the hospital) and milky drinks and then soup but I only really like tomato so I was really boring. I think all the milky drinks made me even thirstier I was so excited to get onto mushy stage. Cottage pie never tasted so good.

I found I was really sore and lethargic for 7 maybe 10 days. That was a bit of a shock as I talked to people who went back to work 4 days after. I couldn't have done that. I felt a bit of a wuss, the wind pain crippled me. Then I was constipated too but once that had worn off I felt good. Make sure you take your vitamins and plenty of water. Its easy to sit around because you feel rough, but walking does move the wind around. It wont be long and you will feel 100%.

As for the wind OMG I could have put windows through the noise was unbelievable!! Me and my hubby would sit crying with laughter. I've never burped since my op (unless ive been sick) but my backside sure makes up for it!!
I had fill number 5 a few weeks ago and every-time I ate (was a bit over-filled) I would fart all through dinner!! To be honest Im surprised he hasn't moved out haha.

Good luck hope you feeling less sore today x

Back