• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to this

ashbash

Hi. My names Ashlie. I'm new to the site and have been reading all your stories. I'm getting my band at the end of this month at Dolan park and I'm so excited. was told to try n lose 10lbs. Just nervous that something will go wrong and i won't get it done. Over thinking a bit I think. X

Welcome & good luck. I had a sleeve so sorry don't have any experience of the band but we are a friendly lot on here. Loads of advice & support.

Hello, ashbash -- welcome to the forum + good luck with your op !!

ashbash said:
Hi. My names Ashlie. I'm new to the site and have been reading all your stories. I'm getting my band at the end of this month at Dolan park and I'm so excited. was told to try n lose 10lbs. Just nervous that something will go wrong and i won't get it done. Over thinking a bit I think. X

Hey welcome to the site, I call it my new Facebook as its more interesting lol! I had my band at Dolan park on Wednesday, I did the milkshake diet I struggled the first week and had some really bad days . the second week I stuck to it. I lost 12 lb so don't panic at all. Xx

Hello and good luck

Thanx everyone. Everybody seems so nice on here. I'm going to start slim fast 2moro so hopefully it goes well n wont b to difficult. Tried it before n found it hard. But I've got more to focus on this time. If I dnt do it there's a chance I won't get my band and I dnt want that to happen. Xx

Good luck u also had my band at dolan park. Lovely staff and really helpful. Any question just ask I remember myself beforehand I was a question machine xxx

Hi! I'm at Dolan Park on the 16th May! Welcome!
I'm finding the forum more addictive than Facebook too! I think its really helping me get into gear for my op x

Thanx everyone. Just headin out to get one last nite out with the girls for a bit. Starting my slimfast 2moro. Wish me luck. Xxxx

Fizzpot said:
Hey welcome to the site, I call it my new Facebook as its more interesting lol! I had my band at Dolan park on Wednesday, I did the milkshake diet I struggled the first week and had some really bad days . the second week I stuck to it. I lost 12 lb so don't panic at all. Xx

Hi. How r u finding the band? I know it's early days but I'm going to be there soon so thot I'd ask? Xxx

Welcome Ashlie I'm Chris and I had a bypass so i'm not much help to you medically but will support you all the way if you need it. xx good luckxx just dig deep with the preop diet and you'll be fine enjoy youre night out xx

chrisa said:
Welcome Ashlie I'm Chris and I had a bypass so i'm not much help to you medically but will support you all the way if you need it. xx good luckxx just dig deep with the preop diet and you'll be fine enjoy youre night out xx

Thanx chris. How's things goin with ur bypass. When did u get it. X

ashbash said:
Hi. How r u finding the band? I know it's early days but I'm going to be there soon so thot I'd ask? Xxx

As the days go on I'm feeling better about it- as I'm not in too much pain anymore I can feel when it's working. I'm rarely hungry and I had soup for tea last night which made me really tired when I got full which is what usually happens when I'm full lol. But yeh it's not the same feeling as when I was full from a plate of food before its strange because I feel full but don't have the jelly belly ate to much food feeling.(hope this makes sense) and also keeping upto the required intake is difficult ATM which is hard to get used to as pre-op I've always drank squash by the pint and within seconds ! It's a huge learning curve but hopefully it will have been for the best! I may weigh myself later :) xxx

Hiya Ashlie...

Like Fizzpot, I too am post op recently...my surgery was on the 17th April.

Im going through the same as her, with not being hungry, and being tired after food, and really noticing the difference in how much I can eat!....

Your'll be fine...I've seen a few at dolan park....so ask about!

good luck and welcome to the site ,im new too,best of luck with everything,nicky,x

Hello everyone I'm also new to this site. I have my gastric bypass on 28th April which next Saturday, and Reading all your comments and advice has help thanks.

Hi ashbash see you there I'm having my band fitted at Dolan park on the 28th good luck xxxx

Hello everyone I'm also new to this site. I have my gastric bypass on 28th April which next Saturday, and Reading all your comments and advice has help thanks.

HEY JUDITH IS MY 'WARD BUDDY'
Hello Judith, nice to have met you the other day and will see you on Saturday when we both have our bypasses....
I hope that you have a nice pleasant week and imagine not longer now on the damn pre op diet.

See you soon !!! Heather xxx

Back