• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to this

judith1969 said:
Hello everyone I'm also new to this site. I have my gastric bypass on 28th April which next Saturday, and Reading all your comments and advice has help thanks.

Hi Judith. Make sure Heather behaves herself lol

I will lol heather thank for telling me about this site and it was nice meeting you too I felt like I've know you for years see u Saturday xxx

Hello everyone, I am another newbie to the site. I am having a gastric bypass in Harrow on 8 th May. I just feel very nervous now that it is getting closer. I know I have made the right decision but I am still worried. I live alone and while my friends are supportive, my grown up children would honestly rather I didn't go ahead with this. Like many, I have with the exception of a few months always been big. Diets worked but I would then yo yo back to a weight which was higher than when I started. I am retired so you can see I have left it quite late. I would appreciate knowing if you were nervous/ scared before surgery. Is there anyone who undertook this at advanced years?

obachan3 said:
Hello everyone, I am another newbie to the site. I am having a gastric bypass in Harrow on 8 th May. I just feel very nervous now that it is getting closer. I know I have made the right decision but I am still worried. I live alone and while my friends are supportive, my grown up children would honestly rather I didn't go ahead with this. Like many, I have with the exception of a few months always been big. Diets worked but I would then yo yo back to a weight which was higher than when I started. I am retired so you can see I have left it quite late. I would appreciate knowing if you were nervous/ scared before surgery. Is there anyone who undertook this at advanced years?

Welcome :)

There are a few maturer people on here :) they hopefully will be along soon.

I think most of us are nervous of the unknown. But you will be ok. Glad you have some support :) xxx

Hi, I have 2 grown up daughters, oneis completely supportive, the other not so much.
I think she's worried about me undergoing surgery, but as I've struggled with my weight for almost 23 years I think surgery is my best option now.
Good luck and keep us up to date with your progress
Em xxxx

The thing is, I don't feel 64, I just feel a lot calmer and happier than I used to. Maybe that is retirement, and I was afraid of that even though I knew it was the right decision. You are right about the unknown and I don't think my boys necessarily want their mum to change. I am glad I found this site, thank you for your replies

I am 47 and am almost 9months post op i have 2 kids in their 20's one is still at home and one is living with his partner, i am lucky that they have supported me as did my husband once he accepted the fact that the surgeon recommended the bypass, which he didn't want me to have, made him come to hosp and ask questions that put his mind at rest. Obviously everyone worries about you but nice to know we are loved. xx Welcome all and good luck to those having their ops next weekend xx

Back