• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A poem for the pets no longer with us

TR_Wolf

(just call me Adam)
I lost my little dog, Barney, last year. I still miss him.

Here's a wonderful poem which still brings tears to my eyes as I read it :cry:

Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Barney.jpg

Boy there will be some dogs,cats waiting for me!Especially Jake my lab,Toby my first pet,Jess the springer,cats Tilly,Sophie,Bobby,Ginger,Tiger,Tom 1 and 2.

My best friend lost her beloved cat Maisy a few weeks ago when her next door neighbour reversed over her and I made her a card with this poem and the picture that goes with it.

I cried all the time I was making it !!

I was told your beloved dog will be at the Pearly gates and will tell St Peter what a good,kind master/mistress you were and you will be allowed through.On the flip side if you were cruel to an animal you wont get in!

Adam that is a beautiful post hun x

We have had many dogs over the years - and each and everyone of them hold very fond happy memories, but always sadness....when their time comes.

We said we would never have any more once Oscar goes....he`s 13 now and at times has the energy of a puppy...so I`m hoping he will be with us for many more years yet!

Its always sad to lose an animal that has been part of your family and you look for whenever you come home....can`t imagine being without one.

Love Kat x

I daren't read the poem so just read the responses and GOSH I love that doggy heaven picture. I want to think that is where all my past adorable, faithful and fun pets have gone. Not my cats of course, their idea of kitty heaven would be sat on a window seat, curled up in the sun grooming themselves and napping.
Lynne xx

Thank you Adam, what a lovely poem....

Having just lost my kitty Nova this weekend, it brought fresh tears to my eyes reading it; not tears of sadness but of 13 years of happy memories.

I truly believe that any creature with a level of intelligence (such as dogs and cats) does have a spirit and that they go on eternally. I don't fear death as I believe I will be met by so many loved ones who have gone before me, including my dear pets.

Beautiful poem..certainly brought tears to my eyes and fond memories of pets who i hope will be waiting at rainbow bridge when I get there.

Debs xx

My favourite poem, for all our special babes at Rainbow Bridge.

We have a secret, you and I, that no one else shall know,
for who but I can see you lie each night in fire glow?

And who but I can reach my hand before we go to bed
and feel the living warmth of you and touch your silken head?

And only I walk woodland paths and see ahead of me,
your small form racing with the wind so young again, and free.

And only I can see you swim in every brook I pass
and when I call, no one but I can see the bending grass.

Dear Jessie passed away last year after 16 devoted years together. I still have your son Toby by my side although he's greying now. You've filled my life with joy and love and this is in loving memory sweetheart.xxx

Back