• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Greetings from a West Yorks newbie

Lizzo

Hi,

Well, my journey is now underway. I had my pre-op assessment yesterday, start the dreaded pre-op diet on Saturday, and await my bypass on 29th November.

I'm having the op at Leeds Nuffield, which seems to come highly recommended. I'm lucky in that I can use a windfall to fund myself - my doctor referred me to the NHS weight loss programme in September and I'm still waiting to hear from them!

I suddenly decided that life is too short anyway, and that mine would be even shorter unless I did something about it. You might even call it a "Eureka" moment! It took a little persuasion to get my husband on board, but he is now behind me 100%, which is a great bonus. I know that, not only will my life change forever, but so will his, and it's a journey for both of us to make together.

I'm very grateful to the posters on this board. I've been following it for some time, gleaning hints and tips, and realising that my fears and feelings were shared with most other people on here!

So best of luck to all those who, like me, are due to have their surgery shortly. Plus, thanks to all of you who are sharing your experiences as you go along. Let's all have a virtual group hug !!!!:gen126:

Lizzo.

hey Lizzo, welcome to the site, you will gain a wealth of info here as well as the best support in the world, feel free to ask and questions, nothing is too trivial, good luck :) xxx

Hi Lizzo :) good luck with pre op i have the calorie counting one approx 800 per day just tucking into 3 ryvitas with low fat cottage cheese at the moment xx

Hi Lizzo,
I hope all goes well for you. I love that you had your Eureka moment and are valuing yourself which many people dont.
I am futher back in the process than you but ready and raring.
Good luck with your big start on Sat.
xxx

hi there good luck im from huddersfield but recently moved to blackpool and just got funding for my op x

but im having op done in huddersfield

hay lizo wellcome to this site feel free to ask any thing that is on your mind,
you will always find that someone has either been through, going through, or about to go through, the same as you, so remember one thing although you have your hubby on board, you are never alone on this journey of weight loss,
good luck with your pre op, i have yet to do mine, so will look forward to reading how you get on.xxxxx

Thanks all for the welcome. I look forward to sharing experiences (hopefully good!).

And Angiemason, you're lucky you're allowed 3 Ryvitas - my sheet says 2!! Thank goodness it's only for 10 days lol.

Lizzo

Welcome to the site Lizzo, and good luck for op on the 29th.

:)Welcome Lizzo,
What a great first post-looks like you're gonna rock your bypass

Back