• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same!

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
If one more well meaning person tries to tell me not to worry about gaining weight if I'm exercising cos a pound of muscle weighs more than fat I will just loose the plot and run around like this....
:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:
I keep getting this from people at work and now a friends told me the same toda....what is up with them??? if its a pound of anything it weighs a pound....feathers, lead, porcupines it may take up more or less room but its still a pound weight......

sorry rant over:D

What things do people say to you that you know are just not true but your sick and tired of correcting them?

Yep and the old corker...."but your so happy"....Im not but Im making the best of it you idiot

If one more well meaning person tries to tell me not to worry about gaining weight if I'm exercising cos a pound of muscle weighs more than fat I will just loose the plot and run around like this....
:bliss::bliss::bliss:

LOL. It used to make me do this
angry10.gif
, head kept hurting, so now I just get them and do this
BangHeadWall.gif

And I don't feel a thing:confused: :D

can see that getting me a slight telling off at work though it would be worth it

when I say I want get to 115lbs (8st3lbs)
I hear "Oh you don't want to go too far you'll look Ill and gaunt!!
No 10st will just be right for you, and i'm like yeah right whatever!!!!!
It gets me so anoyed!!:flamingmad:

My daughter is behind me every inch of the way bless her and has never known me slim...when I have dieted before I have had that sort of "horlicks" from plenty of people especially those who also strugle with their weight....she says she think I will look fab at my desired weight and has offered to come to the gym with me and to cook when I feel its going to be a struggle not to snack as I cook etc (hubby works shifts but does his best)

There are loads of people out there who want to ruin it just because you have taken control and want to do somthing for yourself.

silly thing people say is Aint the sun hot today. Its always blooming hot its a few million degrees lol

what about 'its miserably outside today', how can a location have feelings/emotions?

agree - pound of fat is same as pound of muscle, but fat takes up lot more room, so good to take measurements. You may lose inches but not weight as gained muscle and lost bodyfat xxx

Back