• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A question for the ladies...regarding periods.

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hi ladies
I am hoping that you will all share your exprience with me please.
Do you personally gain any weight around period time and if so, what is the average amount that you gain?
I have all of the symptoms of an upcoming period (moody at times, overly tired (this is a new symptom for me but hey ho) headaches and very sore sensitive boobs and 'ipples) so I take it Im about to have a period, but any time I have ever had a period before I havent gained any weight, I usually just stay the same, but in the past two weeks I have gained 2lbs, unusual for me but I understand it is normal for most women.
So how much is normal for everyone else?
Steph xx

Anything up to half a stone of fluid for me Stephie :(

yeah, i used to gain a few pounds in water retention, and usually felt bloated too, but as soon as my period arrived, i would start to lose it, and within a few days my weight returned to 'normal'. it certainly sounds as though your pre mentrual steph. big hugs xx

Thanks ladies xx
Im really quite chuffed that Im having all of these symptoms, it means that three months out of the past four I have had a definate pre-menstrual bit in the week or so before and then a proper period, all I need now is the period and the relief it brings lol Im just thrilled to feel normal lol
Steph xx

yep, between 4 and 7 pounds. Feel physically bloated, grumpy/irritable/murderous!:eek:
crave chocolate! yuck!

Thanks for the reply honey's xx
So Ill put the 2lbs down to an imminent period then, phew lol
Steph xx

I suffer really badly from water retention before my period..I can put on anything up to 9 - 10 lbs, so I'll do a trade for your 2lbs, lol! Funnily enough though, I am now 6 days late for my period, no sign of it at all, no pains etc (although I guess I have been a bit of an irritable cow the last couple of days), so it will be interesting to see what it finally turns up & if I suffer from water retention as badly post-op xxxx

Pre op, I could gain anything up to 1/2 stone in the run up to my period. Post op, whilst I suffer bloating I don't seem to put any weight on.

I definitely have an increased appetite around totm but have been lucky so far that the scales have not punished me for the extra I eat when I have my period.

Thanks guys xx
I was worried because some old food demons have been showing their ugly faces lately and I was afraid that I was screwing up my bypass, in all reality Im not doing enough to make me gain weight, maybe to stop any loss but not to make me gain weight, so Im putting it down to the period being due any day. If the weight thing stays the same after my period comes and is done with then I will know whats what.
My body seems to be acting the way it did the last time I was this weight, which was in my early teens (periods started at 9) and I used to retain water incredibly back then.
Pfft...what we women have to put up with lol
Steph xx

lol, oh poor steph, be careful what you wish for hun. you were so excited a coupe of months ago, and i bet you still are, arnt you, but this is the yukky side of it all. fingers crossed it happens soon, and that you lose the weight youve put on. big hugs xx

lol thought you would be, ive never seen anyone get so excited about pms, water retention, and stomach ache before. its all good news though huni aint it.

I definitely gained up to 2 pounds before my period is due. It is to the point that I don't even weigh that week anymore.

I dont know - I never had em before, and post op I never took notice. Sorry hun, but it seems everyone goes through it! Fingers crossed for you hun x

Back