• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op Assessment today for surgery 9th December

amy_m

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been around much been so stressed over the weekend as pre op was today and I was so worried about my weight. I have been very good let's not mention the peanut butter incident lol but the week before last I got my period over night I had gained 7lbs which I always do with period. So I ate right to make sure I didn't put any weight on. Last Monday woke up and period had gone and also 9 lbs so water weight and also lost 2 lbs - I jumped for joy.

Feeling positive for pre-op ...... To my horror i started another period Friday just gone stress mode kicked in. I was getting ready to cancel pre op. but I've been good all weekend and I actually had nothing to worry about as I weighed 1kg under what I was last time. I just wanted to show them that I had lost more since last appointment and I was worried incase I had put on even half a pound lol. I'll weigh even less when my period ends

I'm just so glad I continued to lose after my last appointment as this has allowed me to gain the water weight from my period but still not weigh more than I did last time I went to the hospital.

So pre op all in all went very well I had a lovely lady who took my bloods and also the swabs am very grateful she was fantastic. Just waiting for the results and hopefully everything will be ok and the op goes ahead.

Sorry to bang on about periods just well I had to let in all out lol xxx

Oh exciting times!!

I had my pre op last week,I had a skanky old bra on and had to take my top odd for an ecg....I could of died when I had to sit there with my scabbiest bra on...To be honest Im just thankful they let me do my own groin swab.....lol

I'm so happy they let me keep my bra on, I had one at my own GP surgery and I had to take top and bra off....... So embarrassing.

Well it wasnt the groin I had my swab it was a little but more south very pleased I done that myself lol x

I'm so happy they let me keep my bra on, I had one at my own GP surgery and I had to take top and bra off....... So embarrassing.

Well it wasnt the groin I had my swab it was a little but more south very pleased I done that myself lol x

please all went ok hun, i have texted you to see how it went then seen on here, pleased as well u could keep ya bra on x

you must be so relieved Amy...phew!

I've got my pre op on 8th December and keep fluctuating by a pound or two so am trying to be as good as I can. I had hoped my diet sheet would have arrived today...I'd like to start it asap to make sure I'm well under my target. OH is sat here with a huge chicken dinner and it smells wonderful, but at 12st 9lb I guess he can :(

Yvonne x

Hi just txt you back. I was pleased about the bra lol she told me to take my top off and I had to check if she just wants top of lol she said yeah as long as I can get under the bones of the bra..... So ladies wear loose fitting bras lol.
X

you must be so relieved Amy...phew!

I've got my pre op on 8th December and keep fluctuating by a pound or two so am trying to be as good as I can. I had hoped my diet sheet would have arrived today...I'd like to start it asap to make sure I'm well under my target. OH is sat here with a huge chicken dinner and it smells wonderful, but at 12st 9lb I guess he can :(

Yvonne x

I was worried lol as the last time i had my weight checked I was lighter at the hospital than I was at home and couldn't remember how much difference there was lol. I spoke to a nurse first and explained I was worried as I had gained from eating but from periods and I had lost some since last appointment she til me not to worry they don't cancel unless it's half a stone or over ( don't take that as set in stone though) so I was delighted when I weighed less then last time lol.

I honestly can say at this point it isn't bothering me about been on the milk diet as I know what's at the end of it and I can't wait. Not long now for your op either - well done by the way that you got the op day am so pleased for you x

that would be a relief if they allowed say 1-2lb but after my last appointment in June, Mr Schroeder threatened that if I weighed even 1 gram over the wl target he'd set then he would discharge me. He even sent a letter to my GP saying the same :mad: I just daren't run the risk.

I lost a lot more than my target, and I also didn't want to run the risk it's just not worth it. He didn't do that to me although I saw him for my endo only I saw Ali for my surgeons appointment to check target had been met. I've hear he is very strict and I dare say he would stick to what he has said.

Start the pre op now you could do the low cal one then switch to the milk one when it's ur 10 days before x

tbh I've been dieting since mid August and I've lost 11kg (some of that was put on whilst on holiday :eek:) I got weighed last Friday and was 2lb under target, yesterday I was just scraping under, but I was under. I'm sitting glugging water now as I can't drink so much at work and I think that's my problem...got to drink more :sigh:

ah well, it'll work out I'm sure :)

Yeah water is my friend too. The more I drink the more I lose. Great detox. You will be fine I'm sure you will I think we all should just stop stressing and enjoy out journey x

just wanted to say congrats amy it'll be here before you know it!i'm really glad pre op went well for you x

just wanted to say congrats amy it'll be here before you know it!i'm really glad pre op went well for you x

Thank you.... I heard from Lynne you were opposit her. Have you a tread on here hun im on the iPhone app (don't really like it lol) of how you doing.

Hope your surgery went well xxxx

Back