• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please!!!

Hi all,

I'm one week post op (gastric bypass) I have been doing really well, eating fine no pain. Then yesterday n today I can hardly eat anything. I've had two meals today, o just tried to eat a scrambled egg with some cheese (yum yum) and two spoonfuls in the midget in charge (my new tum) won't have it. The pain was at the top of my throat, it felt really tight. The same happened yesterday and it took about 10 minutes to pass.

Is this normal?

Also while I'm in clinic, I have the old pooh plops every single day. Is that normal? Or are we never gonna have normal poohs again???

Sorry about all the toilet talk guys!

Cheers all xxx

Eggs can be a funny one, lots of people have trouble with them post-op. I would leave them for a few weeks and then try them again. Regarding the poops, they can be a bit weird at first but mainly they settle down. I think constipation is a more common problem post-op. See how you get on in the next few days and if it carries on see your GP :D Hope you feel better XX

hi

eggs are a noo for me too,dont worry just try again.
as for the toilet,i had great trouble at first but it improves with time x

I couldn't do eggs until about 8 weeks post op, otherwise i had the 'stuck' somebody call me an ambulance feeling in my sternum.....

Just leave it a while, and if you really fancy a egg try it poached i'm not the only one who found them the easiest post op egg to have xx

Back