• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice please

julieann

hi there, i'm three days post band and stuggling again with the trapped wind, but i am finding it hard to know whether i am hungry,or suffering with wind in my stomach, also how do you know if you are eating enough. i am trying to keep my fluid intake up so i know i'm not dehydrated but would be grateful for any advice from banders please. xx

for my first week post op i had a small tea cup and never ate or needed more than that just filled it with soup take your time when eating as well to give yourself time to feel full i didnt feel hungry most of time for first 2wks so just had set meal times to make sure i was getting enough and drank thru the day make the most of it as its usually only a few weeks befor you will start feeling hungry again lol

hi Julie

Hope your feeling a bit better today, my suggestion is just try and get some nutrition inside you do a big batch of veg soup and just eat really little bits even if its a couple of spoonfulls every couple of hours.

In a couple of days Im sure you'll be able to tell the difference and you should be feeling alot better too.

Dee x

thanx serenitylove and dee, after a really good day yesterday i am feeling really tired and washed out today, but as for the food i had a small pro-biotic yoghurt drink as soon as i woke up this morning and then a couple of hours later managed half a muller light yoghurt and then at lunchtime had a cuppa soup, have been drinking water in between. does that amount seem ok?

Hi Julieann,

Just keep taking the fluids...as much as you can manage (at this stage dont worry about dehydration). I used to have, yoghurt drink, fruit juice (without bits :) ) and watery soup (consume).
Take one day at a time and dont over do things and before you know it, you will be leaping around and eating normally (but sensibly!!)

fluids, fluids and more fluids - you should be aiming for at least 1.5litres per day - doesn't matter about food just yet. I found that I kept a drink by me all of the time in the early stages, sipped through a straw. The more you drink the better you will do, just keep sipping away. Any pain will be due to wind and swelling - you should not yet be feeling hungry. Keep on the painkillers and the gripe water for the trapped wind and you should feel better soon x

Back