• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice plys - sorry if this is tmi!!

Andrea73

Well I'm looking for some advice with regards to my meds as I have started having diahorrea. I have been having it for over a week now and to be honest I am normally a constipated person so this is a bit unexpected. It can happen at any time, no pattern to it and catches me unaware - no stomach pains nothing. I've even been up during the night. Anyway the meds I take are:

lansaparazole, toldertorine (bladder), sertraline (anti-depress) calcium with d3 x2, multivit and mineral, ferrous fumerate.

I have been taking the tablets for quite a while but can a reaction to these suddenly just come on??

Any advice please would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading. x

Hi I'm sorry I can't offer much help but I'm on a few of the meds you mentioned (lansonperazole, sertraline, vit D and multivits) but I don't get the same problem you do. I would go and see your GP as it could be something other than your meds which is causing it. Have you been eating anything different than usual or a lot of sugar free products as the sweetner can cause the runs?

Sorry I can't help much, hope you get it sorted out soon, keep up the fluids as well if you've got the runs.

I would make an appointment to see ur g.p it might be nothing or it could be that the drugs are not providing adequate protection to ur stomach lining anymore! U need to have this looked at as soon as you can sweets! Ur body is showing you something has changed & it doesn't like it xx xx be safe get seen x i wish you all the best & keep us posted x

thanks guys. So far I've not had anything for the past day so hopefully it has passed and was maybe just a bug. Don't think it was though cos I didn't feel poorly with it. I check with my gp when I'm back there and let you know.

thanks again.

I would go to your Doctors or even ring the hospital where you had your surgery, Karen x

Back