• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So this is how it went.

Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am sooo pleased it went well for you! Not long now before my op!! I am soooo scared, but your experience has put my mind to rest a little.

Congrats.
x

Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am sooo pleased it went well for you! Not long now before my op!! I am soooo scared, but your experience has put my mind to rest a little.

Congrats.
x

Just follow the advice of your team....drink as much fluid as possible pre op....... read as many posts on here as you can to be prepared....ask as many questions as you need......and you'll be just fine.:):)

Good luck with your journey , I look forward to reading of your progress:D

How are you getting on now Sarah?

x

I think I might have over done it a bit yesterday as I have an occasional sharp pain on my left side. Its near one of the wound site but under the skin. It feels a bit like a stitch ( as in after running...I remember that from along time ago LOL!)

Food wise I tried my mash, gravy and mint sauce but found the gravy was a bit greasy after the 3rd spoon, but it was ok.

Its the not being hungry thats odd isn't it....having to remember to eat something or drink . Got my phone set to remind me I'm that daft:eek:

How are you doing? What are you managing to eat now? I hope you're not having so much pain and discomfort as you were:)

Oh wow your mash dinner sounds lovely!

Im much better thanks. Pain is managable now, able to actually pick things off the floor etc too. I feel able to move more so thats good. Actually was able to sleep in my bed on my side last night! Yipee

Im still on liquids, so my days meals are jellys, soup, hot choc and water.

I cant wait for tuesday when i should be allowed onto the pureed stage

X

Thats great news, I managed on my side plumped up with pillows and as you say being able to to a bit now will make all the difference. I tried adding a bit of curry paste to one of the soups as they can be a bit bland and it was yummy. Tropicana orange and raspberry juice is refreshing for something different too.

My second week is continue fluids and add very sloppy purees. Then onto puree for 2 weeks, you seem to be going to that stage from fluids only. Strange how they all have different ways isn't it? :)

Back