• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi all

I have started my pre op diet tuesday and really struggled, I started it then as i am so impatient I asked to go on the cancelation list.... But yesterday i emailed the secretary and asked how long i am likely to be waiting for my surgery if on the normal list and she gave me a date likely to be 31st October, thats 9 weeks from now, as you can imagine, she cant tell me if there will be a cancellation until last minute but not always likely this happens, am i making sense here, am so confused.

Have rang the dietician to ask about staying on diet for 9 weeks, which think will kill me at this rate, and if I do i probably wont need a gastric bypass as lost half a stone in 4 days, am so confused :-( Do i ..........

a) stay on pre op diet, but been told should not be on it longer than 2 weeks
b) start it 2 weeks before my surgery

what would you do, all my fault for being an eager beaver.

Thanks all xxx

:confused:

how long does the surgeon say for pr op diet? if you dont want to be on the diet for 9 weeks then take yourself off the cancellation list? at least then you know you have more time? otherwise id just try and stick with it xxxx

If I were you Becky, I would take the 31/10 date & restart the diet 2 weeks before. This takes away the uncertainty you have of being on the cancellation list & will allow you to be there for your dad. It would be hard to deal with both at once. Of course, only you know what is best for you. Hope you & your dad are OK today. :):)

Hi all

a) stay on pre op diet, but been told should not be on it longer than 2 weeks
b) start it 2 weeks before my surgery

what would you do, all my fault for being an eager beaver.

Thanks all xxx

:confused:

Hi Hun

The longer you can stick to the pre op diet the better it will be for you, it will make the opeation so much easier for the surgieon, and safer for you.

Dont worry about your final pre op weight as your origional weight before you started the diet will be the one they use to confirm that you are in accordance with NICE criteria.

Take Care

BigDave

If I were you Becky, I would take the 31/10 date & restart the diet 2 weeks before. This takes away the uncertainty you have of being on the cancellation list & will allow you to be there for your dad. It would be hard to deal with both at once. Of course, only you know what is best for you. Hope you & your dad are OK today. :):)

This makes real sense go with it. It will be almost impossible for anyone to stick to the ultra low calorie liver shrinking diet for nine weeks and you might not get a cancellation anyway and will have put yourself through hell for cuff all.

You should listen to who ever it wa who has told you the pre op diet is for two weeks max, it stated that on the diet sheet I wa given, the extra seven weeks will not make it any easier for your surgeon that's wrong, your liver will only shrink a certain amount so the extra seven weeks would be worthless.

You didn't get fat overnight and you won't get slim overnight either, take the October date you'll be fine x

I agree with what others are saying, it is stressful enough pre surgery without putting the added strain of trying to sustain the pre op diet and worry about wether they will ring you with a cancellation or not, I would go with the 31st personally, and trust me it will go quickly, my date is 1st November and it seems to be flying :)

Thanks guys, have spoke to dietician and said too long to be on pre op diet, so said start it early october, but am doing healthy eating and the odd treat till then. Thanks xx

Back