• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

alcohol

holliepop

Hi i go in for surgery on the 11th may 2012 and i am totally going to stick to everything my doctors tell me however i met a friend through going through this process who is 2 months post op she drank before the op even while on the liver shrinking diet and drinks now (she did stop for 6 weeks) is this dangerous for her i tell her it is but i dont think she believes me x

I don't think it's actually dangerous.....but it's kind of like having WLS then continuing to eat cream cakes....what's the point?

Well she could ahve waited bit longer and need s to be in very small quantities as well or she will put weight on, i used to love a drink but now i have very little have had very little leading up and after my op just have 3 or 4 where i used to have tripple that and more some nights. I only drink once a fortnight now and always have watera s well so she will probably fin dit will ctach her up but she will haev to learn that for herself. xx good luck xx

i,ve told her this when i show her this thread maybes she,ll stop or at least drink less she only goes out twicw a week but in my eyes thats to much x

They are empty liquid calories. Same like drinking full sugar pop. Fine a while after op in small amounts. But counterproductive at this stage.

Twice a week drinking is pretty hefty so soon after her op too.

Back