• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alcohol

sally1

Anyone got any good ideas on what alcohol is best I enjoy rose wine used to love cider but guessing that's out as its fizzy and full of sugar!!

To be honest I was told no booze for at least 3/6 months and nothing fizzy or full of sugar I had my fist very small gin and flat tonic at christmas .......and waited for some kind of reaction and nothing ! Have had a few since then but nowhere like the amount I use to enjoy 1 tall glass lasts a whole night

Last edited:
I used to love a drink and won't stop lol but think I'll not have anywhere near as much as before x

I used to love a drink and won't stop lol but think I'll not have anywhere near as much as before x

I drink cider .... Actually I can drink any alcohol at all and it gives me no undesired side effects. If I'm having a fizzy mixer or bottled cider I just stick I straw or stirer in and knock a bit of the fizz out. Or have it over loads of ice which makes it a bit flatter. I only drink once in a blue moon but so far my bypass hadn't restricted me from drinking anything ? x

I drink cider .... Actually I can drink any alcohol at all and it gives me no undesired side effects. If I'm having a fizzy mixer or bottled cider I just stick I straw or stirer in and knock a bit of the fizz out. Or have it over loads of ice which makes it a bit flatter. I only drink once in a blue moon but so far my bypass hadn't restricted me from drinking anything ? x

Thanks, suppose it's going to be like food trial and error, I'm just terrified of dumping when out lol!! X

Thanks, suppose it's going to be like food trial and error, I'm just terrified of dumping when out lol!! X

Do you dump easily? How far out are you? I was really worried about having my first drink so just had one in the house to test the water. I told my consultant how worried I was about having alcohol and he said most of the sugar is burned off in alcohol so shouldn't dump of it... And so far, he's been right!

I'm only 5 weeks out, think I'll try a little drink at home first, I'm not desperate to drink but it's a thing me and hubby like to do in summer especially.
I've dumped a few times not regularly, do you usually dump? X

Wow. I haven't touched a drop since my op. I wanted to get the best result possible and alcohol is empty calories, plus I dump easily.

Wow. I haven't touched a drop since my op. I wanted to get the best result possible and alcohol is empty calories, plus I dump easily.

Bet I have one drink and end up either really drunk or dump from it!!
Your right about empty calories but I hate being out sober when everyone else is drunk lol! X

Bet I have one drink and end up either really drunk or dump from it!!
Your right about empty calories but I hate being out sober when everyone else is drunk lol! X

I'm 6 months out and I've only ever dumped properly once, off an options hot chocolate. I didnt touch any alcohol until I was 12 weeks out as advised by my surgeon. I started on vodka and slimline tonic which has very little 'empty calories' anyway. I only drink once a month, if that, I can go months without it - Im one of these people who only drinks to get drunk as I don't enjoy the taste of it that much to drink on a regular basis, plus I have a one and two year old and dont believe in being under the influence whilst in parent mode ;)

I can't hack the next day when we get the boys back from their grandparents! Hangover with a 5&3 year old is not worth it!! X

I've not tried anything fizzy (loved cider before the op) but i do drink a glass of wine at the weekend and have not had any problems with it.

I waited 12 weeks after my op

Back