• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Merry Christmas Everyone

chrisa

:rolleyes::) Hi everyone here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, may 2013 be a better year for all of us. I know this is the hardest time of the year, for temptation and for those who are on their own. May we all resist the temptation but still live our lives to the full, life is still for living get out there go to the parties just don't over indulge, be sensible with food and alcohol I try and have water in between drinks now, I still enjoy myself but I miss having lots of alcohol, but that is what got me to the wls point and I'm never going back there, wine n cider were my down fall mainly have vodka n diet coke now, odd rose in the house at a party, just an awful lot less, I am over a year n 3 months out and I have to stop myself from having more, the fight will always be on going but I still love to go out n dance and have a drink just in much smaller quantities. Enjoy the festivities all xx:8855:I miss it sometimes!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):)

This will be my first Xmas outside wls, my birthday too. Used to snack all day on Xmas day. Then pile on the Xmas dinner. Mum asked me the other day can u eat normal food. Had to give her a list of what I can and can't have have(handle). And she said it'll be a tea plate then lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

MINE is and will always be a teaplate no matter what meal xx best of luck its hard but if you go over you will no about it x

Well wished, Chrisa! Every Christmas that sees us lighter than the one before is a blessing and also a sign of real progress in our battle against our lifelong weight, food and body image issues.

The very, very best of love and luck to you and yours, and blessings to all here and elsewhere who have taken steps to deal with their issues, as well as to those who still suffer.

xx

My bypass op is mid January, so this festive time will be a real test of my commitment. I predict mood swings and general 'Grinch' moments ahead... Long walks are the thing.
Hope everyone has a nice time once the season is upon us. Her's to a leaner new year and new me. :)

My bypass op is mid January, so this festive time will be a real test of my commitment. I predict mood swings and general 'Grinch' moments ahead... Long walks are the thing.
Hope everyone has a nice time once the season is upon us. Her's to a leaner new year and new me. :)

Here here!! well said Joe xxx:):):):)

chrisa said:
MINE is and will always be a teaplate no matter what meal xx best of luck its hard but if you go over you will no about it x

This will be the first time I've eaten a meal at mum and dads since the op. She knows it's all about small meals, but wasn't sure what I can or can't have. I know my limits if I feel full I won't push it.

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas, Xmas do this saturday too, and out on the 22nd with some friends, which I have always put off due to weight, but now feel confident to go out. Now where to buy some nice shoes/boots, ho hum lol x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Get nyourself to the charity shops or car boots you will be amazed at what yopu can pick upor look on ebay. x

I normally spend christmas on my own, so even though this is my first christmas after my bypass I don't think there will be much temptation as I normally don't do anything special foodwise for christmas anyway.. but am concentrating on getting to that 100lb loss for christmas, that would be the best christmas present ever !!!!

I wish you lived closer you could have come to ours I hate the thought of anyone being on their own at Christmas time. xx

Awwww thanks Chrisa, you are so lovely, but honestly I'm used to it. This will be my 5th Xmas alone now, so I'm used to it. I've become a right little hermit these past few years... On a positive note though... I sure don't miss the christmas dinner cooking and all the washing up afterwards lol.....

This will be our 1st Christmas on our own for bout 25 years, the kids have both left now with partners so fingers x they don't want to come for lunch think it will be nice for a change, no stress or worry bout arguing n scrapping cannot stand it. Hope they both say not coming this year that sounds awful but a peaceful one would be nice have arough few months ahead what with my redundancy coming up and a new job will have to be found just need some peace n quiet. x Time to lick my wounds, do whatever we want when we want if we want to walk round naked we can, won;t be pretty but hey its our house haha xx

Sounds like you could do with a peaceful christmas to recharge your batteries ready for all that the new year has to throw at you chrisa.. xx

Thanks Chrisa, merry Christmas to you too. My surgery is on 21/12 so I am guessing I might be a bit sore come Christmas day. Hopefully the new year will be great, really looking forward to the new me.

Oh God blessyou. What a gift you are getting, I wouldn't say you will be unwell be a bit discomfort but other than that not too bad at all, usually feel good quiet quickly after op. YOu WILL TIRE EASILY, take it easy and let others look after you. xx We all know what Santa isn't bringin you this year KET. hE'S BRINGING YOU A NEW LIFE AND BODY!!! WEHEYYY XX

After 25 years in retailing doing Christmas buying on the 2 January right through to Chritmas eve O don't like Christmas & strangely like ti be on my own usually baaah humbug! But as mum is so poorly we are making an extra special effort this year just for her. Soooo made me puds, baked my pies & bottled my chutney. Written my cards & done my pressue shopping. My family are stunned! We are at my sisters this year as she has a massive house & she has arranged waiters & waitresses to take the strain on christmas day. She is panicing about what I will eat as she is always trying to force feed me. I said Just do me a small plate (i'll push the food around) & a small glass of expensive red & I'll be happy in my new little black dress & killer heels. LOL

My op is on 12th December, so I'm thinking I'll be on the cusp of purees on Christmas Day! But for the 1st time in 31 years I won't be cooking Christmas Dinner, or washing up, I intend to make the most of my healing time.

Wear a bit of mistletoe in your hair to get into the spirit . My pal has her sleeve on 11 dec & we were discussing same thing on Sunday. Just got her to join on here.

Back