• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All I do is worry that I am not losing enough weight!

EmmaLouise81

Hi,

I am 9 weeks post-opand had various complications which meant lots of hospital stays. At one point I was only eating a few teaspoons of yogurt as I was feeling so bad.

Now I seem to be back on track but just feel my weight loss is not good enough. On the day of surgery I was 22 stone...today I am 19.4. I know I should not compare myself to others but i can't help it.

With getting over the op and having M.E my exercise amount is basically nil...but still I assume I will still lose weight.

Should I be worrying so much.? My dietician is off at the moment and I am just wrecking my head with all these negative thoughts...scared I will be fat forever even after going through so much pain.

Any words of wisdom appreciated!

Emma

hi there emma xxx im 18 post op and i have lost over 13 stones xxx and i was like u at the start my weight was comeing of slowly and i was getting depressed as i thought i had been througth all that opperation for nothing and with in a few months after it just fell off and im still looseing weight fast which it should have slowed down now so i still after see my consultant and na i just found out that im 2 month pregnant woop woop .. i wish u all the best love and dont worry xxxx

Hi Emma, I am a pre op'er so not really qualified to comment, but I would have thought that over 2 1/2 stone in 9 weeks was quite good, especially if you have had complications. Keep going honey ... you will get there. Just remember that everyone is different x :)

The average loss just post op is 1st per month so I think you are doing fine.It will speed up very soon then start to tail off about 6months.Just ask yourself when was the last time you lost that amount of weight in that amount of weeks and kept it off?No I didnt think so! lol Maz x

Hi Emma I'm 10 weeks post op & I've lost 2 stone i stalled for 2 weeks.. Don't worry we will all lose at different speeds it will happen xx

Hey Emma

I too am ten weeks post op and have lost 3 stone exactly.

I think I had unrealistic expectations of weight loss post op.

When I think about it, bloody hell I've lost 3 stone! Which is pretty bloody amazing.

You've lost 2 1/2 stone! Which is pretty bloody amazing.

Julie

hi there emma xxx im 18 post op and i have lost over 13 stones xxx and i was like u at the start my weight was comeing of slowly and i was getting depressed as i thought i had been througth all that opperation for nothing and with in a few months after it just fell off and im still looseing weight fast which it should have slowed down now so i still after see my consultant and na i just found out that im 2 month pregnant woop woop .. i wish u all the best love and dont worry xxxx

Oh congratulations, that is so exciting for you! Thank you so much!

Thanks for this post. I have spent all day feeling guilty about not losing enough. So the thoughts must be something we all have.

I suppose when it slows down we can't help but feel disappointed.

Just trying to turn my thoughts to being grateful for the loss so far.
Maybe my body needs time to catch up.

Good thing was it forced me to go and an hour cycle.

Thank you for the post. It was like you are reading my mind.

Just to point out that your body is still adjusting to the new lower calorie intake and that it took a while to put the weight on and it will take a while to lose it.

Please don't worry about the rate of weight loss. The important thing is that you're not gaining. Stalls are also common.

im the same - having "only" lost 1lb per week for that past 3 weeks (im 11 weeks post op now) ..... but on a positive 1lb off is better than 1lb on!!! im hoping it speeds up a bit as the first 6 months are when the most weight is lost i hear? ive lost a total of 47lbs (including 2 weeks pre op diet) i have been walking and swimming so fingers crossed it picks up! if not then im (trying) not to worry about it xxxx

damn our bodies, having a major op and it still insists on holding on to every 1lb!!!

It's not a race, as long as you are watching that you are eating good nutritious food and keeping track of your calorie intake you'll be just fine. I think your stats are amazing by the way xx

Been having similar worries, thanks for your honesty. Keep going, and keep focussing on the positives - you are losing weight (and not gaining) which I know for me is a massive turn around. Well done for how far you have come so far. xxxx

Back