• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not Losing Weight

Sarhys

I am 5 weeks post op and my weight loss has stalled - I haven't lost anything for over two weeks. I am now on the soft stage and am only having between 600 - 800 calories a day so I should be losing weight - but I'm not :(.

I am also measuring but haven't lost any additional inches! I have eaten nearly 1000 calories today because I was convinced that I wasn't eating enough but I really struggled to eat more calories and now I feel yuck.

I have lots of restriction so ended up eating wotsits to try and bump up my calories today.......I feel miserable. It feels like I have been through all the pain and emotional issues for nothing.

Logic dictates that I should be losing weight - I understand about having a stall but surely it shouldn't last this long?

I'm so worried that I won't lose anymore weight and have wasted 10k on surgery for nothing and that I will remain fat forever :cry:.

Hi Sarhys,

I have a sleeve and had a stall around week 6 I think. It's so disheartening. But my consultant explained it by saying your body is going through such changes, and those first few weeks, (added to your pre-op time) is a bit of a shock. Your body has a bit of a tantrum for a bit. It really does move again I promise.

Please dont get disheartened over the stall, its such early days, and like bear said said stalls can happen even at this early stage your body is still in shock , in time your body will get back into losing mode and the weifht will just melt away
very good luck in the meantime

Back