• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why am I getting so paranoid?

New Beginnings

Firstly apologies for the long post but I just thought I'd share some thoughts I've been having lately and wondering if anyone else has felt the same since their weight loss surgery. After an initial shaky start with some complications with my surgery it really seems like I've turned a corner with it all and I am beginning to feel my energy levels come back and even my appetite in the last few days. Since my bypass surgery on the 14th April I must admit my appetite was pretty poor and I was really struggling to eat and drink and i had to consciously make an effort to remind myself to eat. But here's the thing, the last 2/3 days as mentioned I've been able to eat foods with a harder consistency like 1 or 2 crackers or a small piece of toast. Last night I even managed to eat a weight watchers cottage pie meal ( It was over the course of 1 hour) but still it went down! Then the mind demons set in and I starting thinking I must have stretched my pouch for this to go down as easy as it did and how have i managed to get that all that in!!!:eek: Now i feel i'm in panic mode and my mind keeps playing those old mind games where I'm thinking about food all the time and questioning myself do I feel the pouches restriction, even half convincing myself that I am hungry when I know I'm not really. Grrrrrrrrrr Since the surgery I've told family and friends thats been the biggest relief is not having the urge to graze all day and not have my life ruled by this addiction. Is this just me? :eek:

Hi

Crackers and toast are fine . . . you are 2 months post op and should be moving on to more solid foods about now - I know exactly what you mean about having no appetite ~ I feel the same way and am nearly 10 weeks out ! With regard to the cottage pie - be careful, try eating at meal times only – eat what you are comfortable with and if you don’t finish it then throw it away. It is unwise to sit for an hour being determined to finish a meal . . . . Try to stick to the 3 /4 meals a day the surgery (the tool) will restrict what you can manage in one sitting, dumping will restrict your ‘sweet’ intake and RNY malabsorption will restrict calories – all in all a magic formula.

How much weight have you lost to date ?

when i eat something like cottage pie am the same it goes down no probs and i can eat about a full 1 np,but give me some chicken ,fish or any protien that is solid and am stuffed after a small amount

Cottage pie is classed as a slidder food.Not to sure but I think that you can eat them easier so therefore more of. But I am sure some one will be able to explain better.

It does take time to feel normal again after all you have had major surgery and your body takes time mending.Glad you are feeling ok and getting there.

jo
xx

That's interesting Jo-Jo that's the first time I've heard of slider foods. I'll have to do some research on it. As I've had a few complications with the surgery my surgeon has advised me staying on softer foods than normal until things settle hence the cottage pie. I was just amazed how little I've been able/want to eat to suddenly wanting to eat the whole thing.

So far Kevin on my last weigh in which was about 3 weeks ago at the GP I've lost four and a half stone. I made a conscious effort not to buy scales at home as I knew I'd be jumping on them every other day. I think I'll have to have a look at my protein and revise some of my meals. Thanks for your input guys, as always it's very insightful!

Back