• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All systems go!!!

Sonnie

Was offered the band about 13 years ago and declined. I was young and stupid and it's been the single biggest regret of my life! The consultant I saw was both rude and abrupt. He himself was larger then average and I (like an idiot) got up and walked out leaving mum to apologise for my behaviour.
Now 13 years on, refusing the band being my biggest regret my wonderful parents have decided to pay for me to have this done privately as I don't fit the criteria for nhs funding.
I've done my research and decided to go with the national obesity surgery centre.
I meet my surgeon this Thursday and my op is booked for 11th December.
This is actually happening !!!
I'm both excited and scared about the op but more so about the band adjustments.
I want to live my life and not just exist! I'm 31 years old on 29th December and I have two young daughters to be there for.
This is life changing and life saving as (like many) I want to be there to watch my babies grow and have their own families one day.
Anyone had their surgeries at the national obesity surgery centre?
Any advice would be muchly appreciated x

Hello and welcome sonnie!
You have joined a grest group we all have to start somewhere and I couldnt think of anywhere better
Good luck with your up coming wls
Keep on posting

Hello Sonnie, I don't know anything about your provider but just wanted to wish you well. I have my surgery the day before you. Roll on our new and healthy lives xx

Hello Sonnie, I don't know anything about your provider but just wanted to wish you well. I have my surgery the day before you. Roll on our new and healthy lives xx

Thank you Leda,
Sending loads of luck your way,
You will have to let me know how you get on.

Here's to a healthy new year, huge changes and smaller sizes haha x

I don't have any advice on bands as I had a bypass but just wanted to say welcome.

And what an exciting way to start the new year with a new you x

Welcome

I don't know anything abut your provider either but i wish you the best of luck, this site is a great comfort and people really do help you the best they can. I have 3 young children and at 28 also want to be healthy mum and to have a better quality of life x

I don't have any advice on bands as I had a bypass but just wanted to say welcome. And what an exciting way to start the new year with a new you x

Thank you,
They keep asking me if I'm sure I want it this side of christmas and the new year.
My thought are why not ? It's about spending this time with my friends and family and my two babies, not about how much food I can eat lol

Was offered the band about 13 years ago and declined. I was young and stupid and it's been the single biggest regret of my life! The consultant I saw was both rude and abrupt. He himself was larger then average and I (like an idiot) got up and walked out leaving mum to apologise for my behaviour. Now 13 years on, refusing the band being my biggest regret my wonderful parents have decided to pay for me to have this done privately as I don't fit the criteria for nhs funding. I've done my research and decided to go with the national obesity surgery centre. I meet my surgeon this Thursday and my op is booked for 11th December. This is actually happening !!! I'm both excited and scared about the op but more so about the band adjustments. I want to live my life and not just exist! I'm 31 years old on 29th December and I have two young daughters to be there for. This is life changing and life saving as (like many) I want to be there to watch my babies grow and have their own families one day. Anyone had their surgeries at the national obesity surgery centre? Any advice would be muchly appreciated x
good luck

Thank you Leda,
Sending loads of luck your way,
You will have to let me know how you get on.

Here's to a healthy new year, huge changes and smaller sizes haha x

Thank you Sonnie, 2015 is our year. Will def post in December surgeries after op :) x

I have an appointment with my GP in the morning once I've taken my babies to school.
I'm asking for a referral so fingers crossed everyone!!!!

Back