• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG...

Shiny

...well after much thought, and thanks to some advice from people on here, I've decided to go ahead with my gastric band op. I'm having it done through national Obesity Surgery Centre, with Professor Hakin at Highgate Hospital. Has anyone had it done through them/with Prof. Hakim? Just need to pick a date now, to fit in with holidays etc. Also, as I live on my own, should I have someone with me post op for the whole week, or just for a couple of days? How soon after did everyone feel ready to go out again?

Thanks

Shona x

...well after much thought, and thanks to some advice from people on here, I've decided to go ahead with my gastric band op. I'm having it done through national Obesity Surgery Centre, with Professor Hakin at Highgate Hospital. Has anyone had it done through them/with Prof. Hakim? Just need to pick a date now, to fit in with holidays etc. Also, as I live on my own, should I have someone with me post op for the whole week, or just for a couple of days? How soon after did everyone feel ready to go out again?

Thanks

Shona x
Thats fab news shona - congrats.
It was about 10 days before i went out, but i was moving around indoors a lot before then but everyone varies. not long before your a loser - good luck.

hi shona, its best to have someone with you for approx 5-7 days, i went out after a week but i got very tired very quickly, you will know in yourself when your ready by how you feel at the time, each day does get better tho.

Hi Shiny. Everyone is different. I recover really well from operations and was up, about and ready for anything after a couple of days. Did feel very tired but worked for a couple of hours 3 days after op - but I work for myself and it was only a gentle facial nothing taxing!! I continued to feel really tired for a week or so. I would consider having someone to stay with you for a least a few days depending on how you recover generally.

depends on your job if its a sit down job 2 weeks off, if manual 4 weeks plus xxx

Hi Shona

My OH was with me the day I came home after surgery, after that he was back at work. I took a week annual leave and the following Monday was a Bank Holiday - drove to my doctors on the Friday (6 days post op) to get the all clear to return to work. I have to do a lot of driving but was fine.

Good luck! x

cant help with your question but just wanted to say hiya and good luck :D

Hi and goodluck with your Op.

I had Surgery for my GB on the Saturday and was up and about straight away, I went shopping straight from the hospital for new PJs etc to Matalan and then rested for a couple of days. I honestly could have gone back to work on Tuesday only I had booked 2 weeks of and thought I would take advantage of the peace and quiet, by second week I was fed up and went back in to work half way through second week. I have an office job so felt ok about returning, as for people knowing thats a personal choice but I couldn't lie to people if they asked me how I was loseing weight and say weight watchers or slimming world etc...just incase at a later date they somehow found out. I do agree what others have said that tiredness is what you will eperience most. It is because you will be having hardly any calories compared to before and the Anaesthetic tires you.

Best wishes xx

Back