• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Already feeling anxious :(

Slimstar?

Hello I'm fairly new here but made a couple of posts in the introduction section. I'm hoping to go with The Hospital Group to have a band fitted and have a consultation next week. I'm a little bit worried though I've heard that some people have to wait weeks for fills and that your pretty much on your own after the surgery is done. I find this quite scary as I think I'm need as much support as possible. Does anyone know if they are a company that once they have your money it's "thank you and goodbye?" I can't believe that I'm panicking about this already but at the end of the day (I know this sounds bad) but I've worked really hard to save for this and I don't want to flush the money down the toilet. My goodness I feel like crying :'( I'm hoping someone will put my mind at ease xx

-- This is my own experience !!

The first time you go for your meeting they are great really friendly.
When you have booked you get a letter confirming from there onwards you work from your booklets they give you.
You don't find out till 36 hours before your op what time your car will pick you up!!( this was a bit crap as I needed to sort the kids out..) .
Driver was amazing called Wayne chatted all the way 2.5 hours and it was mostly him lol
Went straight to my room when I got there, and told someone will be to see me soon this was at 11 am, 1 hour later a male nurse came in and told me to get a shower no soap put my lovely stocking on and someone will be into take bloods.
Bloods guy was nice and the nurse held my hand.. I'm a whimp lol
Watched Jeremy Kyle on itv2 and then before I knew it I had surgery...
Kick out us at 7am ready for the next batch of banders..
Driver home was not as nice, but I was in that much pain and discomfort I didn't care.

The next time I heard from the hospital group was by email 4 days after op telling me my dietitian appointment that would be by a phone call... I don't mind that!,
Then next time I heard from them was today to ask if I'm okay...

Hope this helps.......xxxxx

Back