• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alternative exercise after WLS

Just wondered what exercise people have done or planning to do after surgery!!!

I, personally, hate gyms. Find them too boring as I have little to no attention span (I blame the kids I look after lol). So, although I will prob do a day a wk in the gym I will also be doing horse riding and pole dancing! Yes, you read correctly!!! :eek:

My best mate teaches pole dancing (skinny size 8 lol) and she has one in her flat that can apparantly hold 17/18st (screwed to ceiling) and she said today that she would teach me for nothing!!! :cool:

Saw a program a few yrs bk about what good exercise and work out it is and thought would be a laugh. Bearing in mind I am not looking into taking it up as a career choice lmao NO ONE would want to see that!!! :8855:

So anyone else thinking of alternative exercise?!

(My friend has taken up burlesque dancing!)

im going to take up dancing as always wanted to be able to go to a dance class but was ashamed to go with being so big so as soon as ive lost a few stone im there with bells on as i want my exercise to be something that i love and not a choir x

I did zumba a couple of months ago and am going to join a group here now i've moved. Apparently an hours zumba can burn between 600 - 1000 calories :)

I have also started to cycle, even went on the road a couple of times now (ps, also took me helmet out of my carrier basket last time lol). Walking is a new pleasure for me. Amazingly i hated it before, would happily book a taxi to get me to the kerb, now i love it. Get to the bottom of a big hill and suck it in and attack that massive booger, you can't beat the satisfaction of getting to the top and still being able to breath :)

Pole dancing sounds great fun, i hope you enjoy it xx

poledancing? youre so brave! i imagine id chafe myself on one of those things :8855:

ive always fancied a little burlesque, but didnt think it was the kind of dancing that would burn calories, more for boudoir entertainment :p

x

Phatmomma, I've heard alot of good things about Zumba! That's alot of calories!!! Walking I do alot of anyway and hate the prospect of it but enjoy it when am actually doing it!!

Lurvetolaugh, what type of dancing are you going for?

Deets!!! Hey there girly! How's you tonight?

You should come along, Dani is as crazy as moi lol You do get quite a few bruises initially but you'll soon learn what not to do...i hope lol

Yay work the pole Deets lol... I'd do it but only if there was a lush fireman on the end of the pole :) xx

Lmao hmmm gotta love a man in uniform lol
My bloke would prob be worth it though lol if he treats me to a night out that is!!!!

my daughter is convinced I am going to go gorge walking with her once I lose enough weight. What she doesnt know is that in return she can come and learn to dive with me so we can go search underwater.
I am considering buying zumba for the kinnect but havent got round to it yet.
Good Luck with pole dancing Angel, unfortunatly I dont think there is anywhere in rural cumbria that does it or I would consider it too xx

my daughter is convinced I am going to go gorge walking with her once I lose enough weight. What she doesnt know is that in return she can come and learn to dive with me so we can go search underwater.
I am considering buying zumba for the kinnect but havent got round to it yet.
Good Luck with pole dancing Angel, unfortunatly I dont think there is anywhere in rural cumbria that does it or I would consider it too xx

Gorge walking AND diving is def something I would want to do!

I've just been looking and there are a lot of Zumba classes in my area! My little sis would love to go too so think I may have a dancing partner!!!

Buy your own pole Lilyscent :8855:

im curious...wat is zumba??

Angel, now why didnt I think of that, I may just go do that once I down to a weight that a pole can hold x

Nichola, Zumba is a new dance craze that is a form of tribal dancing I believe. It can burn alot of calories per hour as Julie has said in a previous post 600 - 1000 calories per hour. Welcome to the group too x

Google it hun, the videos look really fun!
It an exercise/dance class based on latin music.

Lily, my friends one can hold 18st!!! You fix a bracket to the ceiling but you can take the pole down when not in use!

'Inspired by the traditional cumbia, salsa, samba and merengue music he grew up with, Beto paired his favourite pulsating Latin rhythms with the red-hot international dance steps his clients loved and Zumba Fitness® (Spanish slang for “to move fast and have fun”) was born!'

Deets, I'll prob be arse over tit most of the time, no doubt get stuck up the pole and fall on my head a few times...but I'll have fun doing it! Plus it my best mate so don't mind!!!
The first few time may require a few swift ones first though lol

Well i will definatly be considering getting one when I get down that far, I am still along way off surgery so it will be in the future.

Im laughing shows what I know I always believe Zumba was tribal, I probably have my daughter to blame for that too as she told me once you move all your body and shake your bum at the same time..

There are lots of things I want to do in the future but diving has been one of the things I have promised myself to learn to do.

zumba is lots of fun! easy enough moves, that make you sweat while rythmic salsary music plays on. I love my dvd, and try and do it twice a week - makes me sweat like a goodun!

Angel eyes, you let me know how ya get on with a pole between ya legs :eek:

x

Lol tribal is gd too!!!!

My cousin has moved to Australia and I want to go visit her and go Great Barrier Reef and dive. That's my dream...that and visiting Canada lol

I think you should def get a pole. Even as a bit of a giggle after a night out it will burn a few calories!

Lmao Deets, you disgust me!!!!

Won't be for a while yet! Gotta have op and lose bout 5st first!!!

Back