• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Always feeling hungry

Valkil

Hi guys

I want some help I am always hungry I didn't think I would feel this hunger all the time. I'm not quite 7 weeks post RNY I don't know what to do ?

Where are you at food wise now at 7 weeks? Is it sloppy, soft? How much are you managing to drink? Its a big learning curve for anyone post surgery.

Ideally you need to drown yourself in water at this stage, that fills up your pouch and stops the hunger pangs. Did you have to do the milk diet prior to surgery? When I was on that I found I had always to have a drink on the go to keep me going, its the same post op.

Once you get to solid food you should notice an immediate difference as dense solid protein keep you feeling fuller for longer. Of course it can bring its own problems as eating too quickly or not chewing like mad can make you sick at this stage.

Hang in there, try more fluids, unfortunately wait until after solids for a while. Then if you are still feeling so very hungry you should get back to the surgeon or dietician for help.

Best wishes and good luck it should be worth it and work out in the end

Hi CCPM

Many thanks for replying I am on soft mashed food which now I'm struggling on different things to have getting boring. I could drink a lot more so I will try that. I started with the milk diet and I was good at drinking then I guess after what you have said I have lost my way and weight loss has stopped just stayed the same for 2 weeks which is another worry now. Thank you so much for your advice I will definitely give the more fluids a go and let you know how things go x

No worries, you will find its a total challenge. After all you are starting out on a new way of life. The first 6 weeks post op for me were very worrying and that was such a surprise. There was no-one on god's earth more prepared than me I thought. I am a primary care academic/manager and my research went into areas most folks didn't know existed/could access. 6 years later I'm more in the know because I have made sure I am but also of course because I could.

Ask away here as many times as you want - I'll admit that folks who are further out can get pissed as the same questions keep coming up but really thats the way it goes, long termers disappear and its a forum of mostly newbies with of course the same or similar questions. We could change that but really won't on past evidence.

All I can say is ask away

Back