• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling hungry?

Grace

This is peculiar. I haven't felt hunger for almost a month. I really don't think I am hungry.
I was in on my own flicking round the tv channels and watched a bit of the Barefoot Contessa making some delicious but seriously calorie-laden grub!

Then onto Corry and someone's on about fillet steak (I adore steak!)

...and suddenly I 'feel' hungry! But I don't think its physical. :confused::confused::confused::confused: I'm just not sure. I'd almost forgotten what hunger feels like!

I'm having a milky coffee to see if that will help.

Is it head-hunger do you think?

I don't get this head hunger thing at all Charis. If it's later at night i try the hot milky drink and see if i still feel hungry after it...

If you are then go hunting for something protein filled, or alternatively a nice slice of hot toast n pate :) xx

trying the coffee and some low fat yoghurt. But I just don't know if I'm honestly hungry, or just 'want' something!:confused:

prob a want sweetpea as you ve been watching the food ads!!

its ok, cos if you feel hungary in the words of little britain have some dust hahahahhahahahahahhahahahah xxxxx

Must've been 'head hunger', I'm stuffed after a cup of coffee!

It's the first time I've experienced it.
Note to self: DO NOT WATCH cookery programmes! :D

Well pre-op I WAS hungry! apparently because of eating very large portions of food, my stomach was very big, and do had many more receptor cells, which send the message to the brain that we're hungry.

I haven't felt hunger at all post-op. My surgeon told me that I probably wouldn't, as my new pouch is so tiny and has hardly any receptor cells. I'm learning to rely on my body showing hunger in other ways, like feeling light headed or nauseous.

Back