• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm really hungry..

Andrea73

I don't know what it is but I feel really hungry just now. I have started to add in a protein shake - could that be it?? Should I be feeling hunger this early on (op 17 Oct 09). I don't want to be picking at things, I've just had some grapes and melon but still feel hungry.

Thanks all.

My op was on the 27th of November and I felt hungry for a few moments earlier today. Luckily it went away quite quickly.

its funny cos I've just had some carrots, cucumber and hummus (sp) but i still feel hungry. Maybe its just wind. LOL. Poor husband off to bed soon.

Are you remembering to stop drinking half an hour before your meal and not drink with your meal, otherwise it washes the food away too quickly.

The trick is to discover if it is head hunger or perhaps even thirst. It is not impossible to feel hunger early days, just somewhat unlikely. Try drinking as much fluids as you can in a 5 minute span, it the feeling goes away then it may be real hunger.

Nic:D

Also, are you getting enough protein in your food? Cos it takes longer to digest I think and stays in the pouch longer...

I was only eating about 30grams per day, but have added foods to up my protein intake and am rarely hungry, if at all :)

My op was 10th November

The mind is a strange thing in the early days. Like nic says flood yrself with fluids one of the most likely causes is thirst. Even 13 months out i have a drink befor i have something to eat just in case its dehydration as opposed to hunger.
The other thing i do is to make sure that whatever i eat is the most tasty, healthy, nutrious food so that i am satisfied both in terms of full but also that my taste buds are happy.
It may take longer to prepare a meal but its worth it in the long run as you go through a whole range of processes from deciding what yr going to have, the effort in making it, the stimulation of the smell, gastric juices and taste buds whilst its cooking and finally the pure satisfaction once you have eaten it.
I ony eat when im hungry and my usual day consists of a milky coffee on waking 6am breakfast once the children have gone to school 9am, lunch is usually around 2pm and dinner once the children are in bed 8pm. i drink skinny latte's during the day so am taking on protien during the day. i also drink watered down fresh orange juice or cordial.
it really is a battle of belly and head in the early days but learn to listen to yr body and you wont go wrong.
hth
carole

thanks all. When I think back I don't think I ate enough yesterday. I had some cereal for breakfast, protein shake at lunch and then some bolognese for tea. I wasn't really enjoying the bolognese so half of that went in the bin.

How much should I be eating now??

there is no hard and fast rule i eat until im satisfied but never experiance pain or discomfort i just know when i hav had enough. some days i can eat more than others. have a look at the daily menues and see what kind of things other people are eating.

Back