• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i eating to much?

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
well im 13 days post bypass, off purree blahh yeuk ! :eek:

example yesterday...

B. 1 weetabix with a little milk, been using that 1% stuff

L. a small bowl ofhome made chicken & veg soup (stuffed after it not purreed)

snack.. shape zero yoguhurt.

T. same as lunch.

Liquids... lots of water about 5 cups of tea as i cant abide coffee any more:confused: whats all that about then i used to lurrve it :rolleyes:

ive swollen up like a big balloon today and gained 2 llbs :eek: i hope thats just due to still healing.

Anyway im loving my bypass but just wanted opinions if im eating to much this early out.

Cheers from Liz xxx

Thats not too much Liz, you are doing fine. I was the same with coffee too, everything tasted too sweet and too strong. Im now back on my coffees but with 1 sweetener instead of 2 and very weak. The swelling is probably still your body healing you still very early days :D XX

sounds Ok to me, just a question though, are you taking in enough protien?

sounds Ok to me, just a question though, are you taking in enough protien?

i havent got a clue, i thought the milk and yoghurt and the chicken in my soup was protien, maybe im wrong ? i cant physically eat any more than im doing right now x

I so hear that Liz,

I've been doing some reading, got some books off amazon - very informative about healthy food intakes and grams etc... which I had no clue about previously, all the labels left me confused.

I'm aiming for high protien and low carbs. For example I've been eating babanas as an easy snack or when on the go. I was shocked to realise a small banana has 27g carbs as opposed to strawberries which have 4g per portion.

It's all a totally new learning experience... good luck hun

I so hear that Liz,

I've been doing some reading, got some books off amazon - very informative about healthy food intakes and grams etc... which I had no clue about previously, all the labels left me confused.

I'm aiming for high protien and low carbs. For example I've been eating babanas as an easy snack or when on the go. I was shocked to realise a small banana has 27g carbs as opposed to strawberries which have 4g per portion.

It's all a totally new learning experience... good luck hun

im so used to living with a band so a bypass is all a re learning curve for me, good luck to you too xx

The dietician told me not to worry about protein intake too much in the first few weeks. The only thing he suggested was adding marvel powdered milk to my milk to double the protein content in it. :D X

The puree and liquid stage is always a wierd one as it feels like you can eat loads, but this is because it goes through the pouch quicker. As the food gets harder you will not be able to eat as much. The same goes for protein, it is hard during this stage to make protein your many source of meals. I for one couldn't tolerate pureed meat(and I will never feed it to any child again ;)lol). i just added cheese and corned beef to everything I could.

Another reason for feeling bloated is not having a poo, as your body readjust you don't always go as regularly. I know it's easier said than done but don't weigh yourself everyday. The body's weight can change and weigh between -3/+3lb in any given 24hrs, and this will pout unnecessary pressure on you.

You are doing well and it is a steep learning curve, keep up with the yoghurt and milk and you will be fine.

Liz, it sounds like you're doing fine. I'm amazed you can eat a whole weetabix though, I can still only eat a half!

Try to aim for 6 portions of protein per day. Can you add some grated cheese to your soup o increase the protein?
Also maybe try some milk shakes (since you can't cope with coffee. I'm the other way round, love coffee, can't face tea!) rather than tea as part of your fluid intake?

The puree stage is pants. I hated it and lasted 3 weeks, but mainly on soup. The only thing I could really tolerate pureed was cauliflower cheese.

Liz, it sounds like you're doing fine. I'm amazed you can eat a whole weetabix though, I can still only eat a half!

i ate a full weetabix on ward with out any problems at all and thats whats i have most mornings.

Try to aim for 6 portions of protein per day. Can you add some grated cheese to your soup o increase the protein?
Also maybe try some milk shakes (since you can't cope with coffee. I'm the other way round, love coffee, can't face tea!) rather than tea as part of your fluid intake?

The puree stage is pants. I hated it and lasted 3 weeks, but mainly on soup. The only thing I could really tolerate pureed was cauliflower cheese.

im not pureeing anything now as most soft things arnt troubling me, i can even manage a poached egg, or tuna/sweetcorn.

i will add cheese but was worried about the fat content in it. thanks xxx

You can get half fat cheese from most supermarkets, I got this as I was scared of the fat content too as cheese is really high and Im a coward :D XX

im not pureeing anything now as most soft things arnt troubling me, i can even manage a poached egg, or tuna/sweetcorn.

i will add cheese but was worried about the fat content in it. thanks xxx

Its sounding good. I stuck out the puree stage for 3 weeks but it is horrible isn't it? It's great you've managed to move on. Gosh I still can't tolerate white of egg, though I seem fine with yolk! Funny how we all manage different stuff isn't it?

I use the low fat cheddar with no problems at all. But I've also had some rather delish Wensleydale with apricots with no bother! :)
I also nibbled on Babybel lights very soon after surgery, for an added protein boost.

Oh yeah Grace ..... I have babybell lights too. Pre-op I wouldnt have touched them but I enjoy them now and theyre a good protein boost :D I take them with me when I go out so If anyone has food I can eat my babybell :D XX

Liz, you're doing great. Just go by your own body, we can all eat different amounts xxx

Back