• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 weeks post op. Am I eating too much?

Sarahlou123

Hi all.
I'm looking for some advice. I am 4 weeks post bypass and I feel as though I am eating too much.
I am on liquid/lumpy stage and this is what I'm eating;
Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg or 1/2 weetabix
Lunch - 1/3 tin if soup or cheese triangle on 1 chriss bread or cottage cheese
Dinner - small ramekin of cottage pie or caserole.
I just feel as though I shouldn't be eating this much yet??
My weight loss seems to have slowed down since the liquid stage.
Can anyone give any advice. Does this seem too much?
Never been sick or had dumping which I'm thankful for
:) any advice would be appreciated

I had my surgery 4 months ago now and although I had the sleeve, I kinda know how you feel. When I first had liquid foods and soft food I was questioning whether or not the surgeon had taken enough of my stomach away!

Best advice would be to check with your surgeon as they will usually give you the weights of meals you should be able to eat at each stage. This really helped me, as there is always that voice inside that says you're doing something wrong or that it's not going to work.

By what you've written down it doesn't look like you're overdoing it.

Good luck x

I had my surgery 4 months ago now and although I had the sleeve, I kinda know how you feel. When I first had liquid foods and soft food I was questioning whether or not the surgeon had taken enough of my stomach away!

Best advice would be to check with your surgeon as they will usually give you the weights of meals you should be able to eat at each stage. This really helped me, as there is always that voice inside that says you're doing something wrong or that it's not going to work.

By what you've written down it doesn't look like you're overdoing it.

Good luck x

Thankyou so much for the advice. Will contact them to check.
Thanks again xx

Hi all.
I'm looking for some advice. I am 4 weeks post bypass and I feel as though I am eating too much.
I am on liquid/lumpy stage and this is what I'm eating;
Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg or 1/2 weetabix
Lunch - 1/3 tin if soup or cheese triangle on 1 chriss bread or cottage cheese
Dinner - small ramekin of cottage pie or caserole.
I just feel as though I shouldn't be eating this much yet??
My weight loss seems to have slowed down since the liquid stage.
Can anyone give any advice. Does this seem too much?
Never been sick or had dumping which I'm thankful for
:) any advice would be appreciated
Maybe weigh your food if you're worried - it should be around 3.5/4oz or up to where you feel comfortable. If you're not over full then don't worry about it. Everyone manages different amounts. With regards to weight loss weeks 3-8will be slow as you're transitioning stages and introducing food again. I promise it all balances out x

Maybe weigh your food if you're worried - it should be around 3.5/4oz or up to where you feel comfortable. If you're not over full then don't worry about it. Everyone manages different amounts. With regards to weight loss weeks 3-8will be slow as you're transitioning stages and introducing food again. I promise it all balances out x

That is reassuring thanks so much for your comment. Amazing weightloss by the way. You are doing fantastic :)

As starry says, it's different amounts for everyone. I also had the bypass and was able to eat normal food early and in similar amounts. I was worried and still am worried about it 6 months out as my weight loss has been really slow - but mine was slow even at liquid stage. I just contributed the slow weight loss to a number of factors which in my case include PCOS but my team don't seem perturbed when we discuss it - they have just asked me to cut back on fat in my diet but were not too concerned about the quantities and yours sound smaller than mine at that stage. Do discuss with your team.

Back