• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i having too much ?? so disappointed !!

Ive followed the Charing Cross diet myself and thats probably more intake than you are having. It doesnt matter what other people have managed or not everyone is different so dont compare yourself to your friend.

Im not feeling restriction at all yet, some people do straight away. Im still loosing weight so it doesnt really matter too much you are still having a lot less than before xx

hi dawn, like you said, with a name like we both got, we're definately genius's arnt we. be careful what drinking chocs n stuff u buy cos of sugar content. but skinny cow is nice, and theydo a mint one as well, make that up with milk, instead of water, i was ok with ovaltine lite, but only if i had about one a day. but i reckon, if you get some options, skinny cow, horliks, you got it covered aint you,woo hoo. go for it babes, hugs xx

Ive followed the Charing Cross diet myself and thats probably more intake than you are having. It doesnt matter what other people have managed or not everyone is different so dont compare yourself to your friend.

Im not feeling restriction at all yet, some people do straight away. Im still loosing weight so it doesnt really matter too much you are still having a lot less than before xx
Hi zns, yes ive printed the charing cross diet off and im amazed at how much they expect you to be taking in:O im definately having much less than that so ill stop worrying now :D thx xxx

hi dawn, like you said, with a name like we both got, we're definately genius's arnt we. be careful what drinking chocs n stuff u buy cos of sugar content. but skinny cow is nice, and theydo a mint one as well, make that up with milk, instead of water, i was ok with ovaltine lite, but only if i had about one a day. but i reckon, if you get some options, skinny cow, horliks, you got it covered aint you,woo hoo. go for it babes, hugs xx
Hi Dawny, ive been to morrisons and bought some options and some skimmed milk so im gonna have one tonight :D :D thx for your help hun xxxx

Hi Rose i think ive said this in another post but i have got a copy of return to slender on your advice a few weeks ago :D ive made a couple of the recipes too but a bit worried about protein xxx

Yes, sorry - I saw your other post afterwards !
I think you said you can't abide milk so protein shakes are out ? Could you make protein ice cream instead though ? You can always add skimmed milk powder or unflavoured protein powder to your food too. We all struggle getting enough protein - I still do !

It's a good idea to take a probiotic drink or yoghurt every day too. There has been some research evidence indicating that it supports weight loss with WLS peeps, as well as providing our gut with healthy bacteria.

Yes, sorry - I saw your other post afterwards !
I think you said you can't abide milk so protein shakes are out ? Could you make protein ice cream instead though ? You can always add skimmed milk powder or unflavoured protein powder to your food too. We all struggle getting enough protein - I still do !

It's a good idea to take a probiotic drink or yoghurt every day too. There has been some research evidence indicating that it supports weight loss with WLS peeps, as well as providing our gut with healthy bacteria.

Yes i could try the probiotic stuff :D thats about as 'milky' as i can go though and i think theres protein juice drinks as well that somebody told me about, i just didnt know if i had to at the moment as the hosp team didnt even mention it ?? strange !!
xxx

all of the hospital teams seem to say different, but if you think about it, between us all on here, we can work out what does and doesnt work, i know i would rather follow advice from someone who has and is going through it.
specially as all the hospital teams seem to be reading from different pages. hugs xx

OH MY GOD !!!!!!! options belgium choc and coconut !!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nuff said !!! ;) xxx

Hi Dawn, also try blending some tofu into soup for added protein. it had no taste just makes your food taste creamier. I don't see why it wouldn't work in custard either. Also as Jacci said, melted low fat cheese into soup for added protein.You defintely aren't eating too much. Liquids just slip straight into the gut. When you move onto purees and solids you WILL feel restriction. xxx

Hi Dawn, also try blending some tofu into soup for added protein. it had no taste just makes your food taste creamier. I don't see why it wouldn't work in custard either. Also as Jacci said, melted low fat cheese into soup for added protein.You defintely aren't eating too much. Liquids just slip straight into the gut. When you move onto purees and solids you WILL feel restriction. xxx
Thanks charis, great idea about the tofu :D also ill try adding some low fat cheese, xxx

I was told Cocoa powder better to make cocoa than options as cocoa powder actually has quite a good protein concentration!! Makes a bitter drink so just add sweetners. I have been using cocoa with fortified milk and a banana with some powder sweetner to make a really satisfying smoothie (that is also quite high in protein and vitamins). Very filling too. I have one for breakfast and it keeps me going till around one thirty! A cocoa at night is also nice!

I add Green & Blacks organic cocoa powder to my protein shakes, also to coffee to make a mocha. I don't feel the need to add sweeteners if I use it make a hot choc with milk. Good idea to add banana though ! That sounds lush !

Hi Dawn, i lived on weightwatchers soup and no your not having too much! I had natural yogurt from day one but had it watered down and added pureed bannana or strawberries but i mainly had the ww soup and Delmonte 100% orange lollies. I didnt have protein shakes and still dont and none of my hair has fallen out. I've had no problems, that maybe down to luck or the fact that we had such a great surgeon who knows but try not to worry too much, your stomachs in control of you now not the other way around! xxx

Hi Dawn, i lived on weightwatchers soup and no your not having too much! I had natural yogurt from day one but had it watered down and added pureed bannana or strawberries but i mainly had the ww soup and Delmonte 100% orange lollies. I didnt have protein shakes and still dont and none of my hair has fallen out. I've had no problems, that maybe down to luck or the fact that we had such a great surgeon who knows but try not to worry too much, your stomachs in control of you now not the other way around! xxx
Thanks Lisa , its encouraging to know your hair hasnt fallen out i only hope im as lucky :) ive been having the equivelant of 2 tins of soup per day and a smoothie and im trying to have a hot choc now as well just to get a bit of extra protein in :D
xxx

That seems fine to me Dawn, you wont realise how small your tummy is until you start eating semi-solid food then i think your be pleasantly surprised!

That seems fine to me Dawn, you wont realise how small your tummy is until you start eating semi-solid food then i think your be pleasantly surprised!

Yay thanks Lisa i cant wait to be on 'normal' foods and feel the restriction so i can eat like a skinny little sparrow lol ;)

Back