• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I loosing too much too quickly???

simplylucy

Ok, well this is a thread I never thought I'd have to start. :eek:

I'm seriously worried that maybe I'm loosing weight too quickly. :eek: Fancy being worried about that.

I feel good though, full of energy and zest for life. I'm just worried incase I'm doing my body any harm.

I know I can't decide how much I loose each week, so guess there is nothing I can do about the speed of my losses. :rolleyes:

I see lots of comments from people about slower weight loss being better for you. How it took years to put the weight on so you don't want it coming off too quickly etc etc. I think I'm getting paranoid. :rolleyes:

My skin is fairing up well, seems to be shrinking with me so far. Well apart from my tummy, that is beyond help after 4 pregnancys and 3 c-sections!:eek:

Has anyone had any problems through rapid weight loss?

Hi Lucy - Well Done on your weight loss so far!

I have had a band and am no expert, but from what I can gather looking at other peoples losses on the site, that the people that have had the gastric bypass appear to loose their weight a lot quicker than those who have had a band.

I should`nt worry about it Lucy as long as you feel you are eating the right amount of the healthy foods you should be eating and are not feeling hungry, then your weight is probably coming off as it should.

When you look at the news stories that tell of people that have had a bypass and have lost 8 or 10 stone within a year, then it puts it in perspective.
As long as you`re excercising as well, you should`nt suffer too much with excess skin.

Take care hun x

Love and Best wishes Kat x

Lucy I wouldn't worry to much I have also lost the weight very quick I had my bypass 7th April this year weighing 18:10 and wearing size 24 I'm now 11.09 and a size 8/10. I also worried about the quick loss but my gp and provider say there is no problem and my bloods come back fine and not to worry about it. The only thing that was slow to catch up was my head :)

Well done on your loss so far :)

As long as you feel well I wouldnt worry too much. I had a bypass on March 2nd this year and have lost 11 1/2 stone i total, at your stage post op I had lost 77 pounds. Like you I worried about losing it too fast - but I felt well and had bags of energy. Just ensure you take your vitamins, calcium etc. If you are worried go and have a blood test to confirm you have enough iron , vitamins etc
Enjoy!
xxxxxxxx

as the others have said, as you're feeling so well, I wouldn't worry about it! It's not as if you can change it even if you wanted too! My weight is coming off a bit slower than yours but I'm only just beginning to feel 'normal' after my second op. My surgeon was concerned I was losing too fast; but as I said to him, "your body will do what it will do!"

How's your hair by the way? Mine's started to fall out, big-time.

Love n hugs
Grace xxx

no i thinkk your weight loss seems quite good and steady....well done enjoy every momment of it......great stuff
bif.....

At the same stage Lucy I was only 5lbs less than you & I don't feel like its been too quick, possibly about to have my first week with no loss this week but its bound to happen eventually!

Good that yr feeling so well. xx

Ok, well this is a thread I never thought I'd have to start. :eek:

I'm seriously worried that maybe I'm loosing weight too quickly. :eek: Fancy being worried about that.

I feel good though, full of energy and zest for life. I'm just worried incase I'm doing my body any harm.

I know I can't decide how much I loose each week, so guess there is nothing I can do about the speed of my losses. :rolleyes:

I see lots of comments from people about slower weight loss being better for you. How it took years to put the weight on so you don't want it coming off too quickly etc etc. I think I'm getting paranoid. :rolleyes:

My skin is fairing up well, seems to be shrinking with me so far. Well apart from my tummy, that is beyond help after 4 pregnancys and 3 c-sections!:eek:

Has anyone had any problems through rapid weight loss?

Hi Lucy not wanting to sound like i'm bragging but my weight loss at first would have double urs although i had rather more to loose.
Dont worry hun ur doing great xx

Lucy you are doing so much better than i have, however as the others are saying, if you feel great then why worry? You are obviously following all the rules and guidelines. I'm sure your body will slow down in time so just enjoy the ride xxx

Back