• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating too much!?!?!

emmafifema

Hi all,

not been on here for quite some time now but need some words of wisdom once again.

basically I'm almost 2 years post op now and have lost a considerable amount of weight but..... I am so worried about the amount of food I can eat its driving me mad.

I did put a little weight on in the last year but have managed to lose it by revising my diet and going low carb 6 days a week.

I can eat way too much in my thinking i.e. a 2 egg omellette with mushrooms and cheese, I can eat a normal adult size portion of salad with tuna mayo and cheese on it.

Another reason I went on low carb is because I was getting so so hungry every 2-3 hours and not managing to control it with water loading. I now dont get hungry between meals but as I say I can eat too much in my opinion.

Anyone else finding this?

So so worried :(

Hi Emma... im 6 months post op and i can eat a lot... i do gt restriction but can eat a lot before i do. A friend of mine had a bypass 12 years ago and eats like she was eating before op so i dont know if her pouch has stretched or her restriction is now less. Hopefully somebody 2 years out will come along soon xx

I had my op in november 2009, and same as you im finding im eating way too much, especially of the wrong things.

I think realistically though, when I say eating way too much, if anyone else was to see portion sizes they would say its not enough to feed a bird !!!!

We tend to forget how much we did actually eat before the op !

I think as time goes on we can eat more, but remember we are still only absorbing around 60% of what we eat, also because we've lost the weight and are alot more active, we need the fuel to keep going.

I think as long as the weight don't start piling on like it used to, we shouldn't worry too much, it can become an obsession.

My weight fluctuates all the time, up a stone, down a stone, stay the same for months, then go back up. I used to monitor it all the time, but to be honest I had to give up doing that because i would worry so much. im much better off not thinking about it too much.

Try not to worry too much, you've done great, and remember it can't be undone overnight.

Back