• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Amount of Knowledge needed post Band

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
I was wondering how much I need to actually know after I have had y band.
I never weigh my food or really look at grams etc... have started doign this more since starting weight management course. Will I need to know exact gram of fat eating etc etc....
This really would drive me crazy. I cook for me hubby and three kids and dont really know how many calories arein a hotpot home made with veg and meat etc...
I am just worried that I wont be able to do it properly.
I eat at teh moment quite healthy, everything we have is low fat i.e extra low mayo, 5% fat oven chips or WW 3% ones, salad, lots of veg, I cut the fat off all meat, bacon etc...
BUT is this enough
Thanks
x
cut short baby sceaming x

i dont weigh food or anything like that as the types of food i can eat and the amount have changed dramiticly , i cook normally for my daughter but eat different stuff myself now everyone is different in things they cant eat but most have problems with harder meats bread i cant eat tomatoes for some reason potatoe skins or chips yes i was naughty and tried! lol the dietician will talk you thru what sort of things to have

Thanks
I just hope I can do it without messing up.
I wodl like to be able to eat what I eat now just much smaller amounts and I hope that this works out in the end.
xx

I eat quite healthy
I am more a qty (and i mean QTY) eater rather than crazy food.
I love food like :
sausage and mash
chicken salad (I can eat half achicken at least)
pizza
lasagna
crusty baguette's
roast dinners
all veg
dont like sweets or many chocolates
like crisps like onion rings wotsits
I do have the occasional chinese meal with sprin rolls etc and also the odd KFC.
Thanks again

Hi, I like urself was a quantity eater but mostly very healthy foods.
I never weigh food and always try to cook a meal for all the family to eat. I cook things like:
Spaghetti bolagnaise
Beef/chicken stew
Homemade curry
Different kinds of VEG soup
If I'm having a meal with rice or pasta (on the advice from another 'bandster') I generally just have the sauce (blended as I'm on mushy stage) as it has more nutritional value on it's own than if you were to add the rice and pasta as well (they also swell up in ur stomach and could stretch your new pouch).
I also choose low fat/cal versions of foods, e.g skimmed milk, lean meat, and use low cal spray oil, this all helps to keep your overall calories down.

Back