• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver reducing diet advice needed please

fuze

Hey there im starting my pre op diet tomorrow for two weeks and I have been given the low fat low carb, well low everything diet from Mr Ammori. I know there is a diet menu section on here but I wanted to post somewhere that most people would see this. I am just wondering on the menu it says free fruit and veg so I am wondering if I can basically eat home made totally veg soups for all my dinners. My question about it is if I can have the stock cubes that I will need to put in the soups? They have about 7 cal each and dont really contain anything other than herbs, spices and salt. Do you guys out there think this would be ok? It is something that I have totally neglected to ask my dietician!

Thanks guys!!!!

Hi I was on the same diet with mr ammori, my op was last fri 10th july yes homemade soup is fine but fruit mine stated 2 x pieces per day I also weighed out 75gr of fish & skinned chicken breast I could have 1 x of these with heaps of salad or veg no root veg allowed though apart from 1 small baked potatoe and 1 slice of weight watchers bread per day but not together. so no carrots, turnip ect. I plodded for broccoli , cauli ect. Hope this helps G.M
fuze;18223.26 said:
Hey there im starting my pre op diet tomorrow for two weeks and I have been given the low fat low carb, well low everything diet from Mr Ammori. I know there is a diet menu section on here but I wanted to post somewhere that most people would see this. I am just wondering on the menu it says free fruit and veg so I am wondering if I can basically eat home made totally veg soups for all my dinners. My question about it is if I can have the stock cubes that I will need to put in the soups? They have about 7 cal each and dont really contain anything other than herbs, spices and salt. Do you guys out there think this would be ok? It is something that I have totally neglected to ask my dietician!

Thanks guys!!!!

Thank you GM. I did not know it was no root veggies, my little diet thing just says there is a restriction on potatoes. Thanks for that!!!

Hi I was on the same diet with mr ammori, my op was last fri 10th july yes homemade soup is fine but fruit mine stated 2 x pieces per day I also weighed out 75gr of fish & skinned chicken breast I could have 1 x of these with heaps of salad or veg no root veg allowed though apart from 1 small baked potatoe and 1 slice of weight watchers bread per day but not together. so no carrots, turnip ect. I plodded for broccoli , cauli ect. Hope this helps G.M

Hey GM I hope that you are recovering well, I was just wondering about what you said about root veg, how come we are not allowed root veg like carrots on the pre op diet??

root vegs tend to be complex carbs

ahhhh yeah never thought about that. Thank you for that!!!

Just thought id post the menu I have been given by the dietician for the preop liver reducing diet, this is all the information they gave me:

Breakfast
3 tablespoons of low sugar cereal (porridge, bran-flakes, rice krispies)
or
1 slice of toast with a scraping of low fat spread

Lunch
1 slice of bread with a scraping of low fat spread with:
small portion (2oz) lean meat or fish
or
small portion (2oz) cheese
or
2 eggs (not fried)

salad as desired

Dinner
Small portion (2oz) lean meat or fish, Tofu or Quorn based dish
or
small portion (2oz) cheese, or 2 eggs,
or
3 tablespoons of baked beans, lentils etc (cooked weight)

and
1 small potato or 2 tablespoons of pasta or rice (cooked weight)

Vegetables as desired

Daily you can also have:
- 1/3 pint semi skimmed milk for use in drinks and on cereal
- Fruit as desired (eg apple, orange, banana, pear)
- Water, tea, coffee, low calorie squash or fizzy drinks
- 1 low fat low sugar yogurt or fromage frais
- 2 tablespoons of low calorie mayonnaise or dressing, mustard, ketchup etc.
- 2 tablespoons white sauce or gravy etc

Notes:
1 slice of bread can be interchanged with 2 crisp breads, 1 small pitta bread or 1 small chapatti

Avoid:
Biscuits, cakes, puddings, chocolate, sweets, nuts, alcohol.

That looks remarkably similar to the diabetic pre-op diet I was given.

I was given a little booklet that explains the bypass procedure and everything and has the preop diet in the back of it, I have typed everything that the book says. Its going to be a hard 2 weeks.......... im hungry now!

I was given a little booklet that explains the bypass procedure and everything and has the preop diet in the back of it, I have typed everything that the book says. Its going to be a hard 2 weeks.......... im hungry now!

I'll bet you are! Bit of a worry if you are doing long shifts...I would worry about the energy levels you will have... I just cut out the carbs completely and then went on slimfast from yesterday..that will have to do them!

At least you are not on the dreaded milk & oxo....;)

Not long to go....bet you are counting the days down!!!

I am off today so its not too bad, I dont think constantly looking on here helps as it is making me obsess about food. Think I will go for a wander to the pet shop, I cant eat anything from there!!! hehe.
From your profile I see you are having your surgery tomorrow? How are you feeling? I keep going through different emotions about it all. How have you been managing on the liver reducing diet?

Am ok thanks - had a bit of a 'wibble' on Sat but am ok today.

I just cut out the carbs as I said (apart from a cheeky chocolate), and have been on slimfast only since yesterday - my tummy is gnarling today and I am dreading tomorrow - I am a total tea-aholic and I am not to have even one sip after 8am- and drive all that way with no tea :eek::eek::eek:

Am ok thanks - had a bit of a 'wibble' on Sat but am ok today.

I just cut out the carbs as I said (apart from a cheeky chocolate), and have been on slimfast only since yesterday - my tummy is gnarling today and I am dreading tomorrow - I am a total tea-aholic and I am not to have even one sip after 8am- and drive all that way with no tea :eek::eek::eek:

My stomach is doing the same!
I really hope things go smoothly for you tomorrow, and you manage to cope without your tea!! Where are you having your surgery? is it far from where you live? be careful if your having to concentrate. xx

I live 25 miles East of York and I am going to Spire Manchester - the one at Whalley Range? So i think it's about 130 miles. (Long story as to location). I have to drive over but hubby will come collect me and the car when I am discharged. I haven't told anyone (it's great on here because it's anonymous!!!) so will just keep it low key. MAybe I will just have the odd shluurp of tea from a cheeky travel cup on the way over ;)

I live 25 miles East of York and I am going to Spire Manchester - the one at Whalley Range? So i think it's about 130 miles. (Long story as to location). I have to drive over but hubby will come collect me and the car when I am discharged. I haven't told anyone (it's great on here because it's anonymous!!!) so will just keep it low key. MAybe I will just have the odd shluurp of tea from a cheeky travel cup on the way over ;)

Gosh that is a long long way to go!!!
Are you having your surgery in the afternoon tomorrow I just ask as you are allowed to drink till 8am, im not allowed to drink or eat anything from midnight the night before. I dont want to sound like an old woman going on about stuff and I know it will be really really hard not to drink tea but from professional experience (i used to be a qualified nurse and used to work in theatres) its important not to drink anything for 6 hours before surgery. I have seen what can happen to people when they have had fluid before surgery. Anyway I sound like an old woman nagging, I just want to make sure your ok tomorrow. I would be so excited if it was happening tomorrow!! (and very nervous!)

Please let me know how it goes. Im the same as you in not telling people about it, only my partner knows!

Good luck with your drive over to Manchester, that is a mighty long way with no food or drink!!! best of luck. :D

I was given a little booklet that explains the bypass procedure and everything and has the preop diet in the back of it, I have typed everything that the book says. Its going to be a hard 2 weeks.......... im hungry now![/QUOTE]
Good job you're not on the soup n jelly starvation diet then:8855::8855:

mmmm i know!!! i remember being on the milk and yogurt diet before I had my band done and I dont remember being this hungry. Oh well I will get through it, I HAVE TO!!! :)

mmmm i know!!! i remember being on the milk and yogurt diet before I had my band done and I dont remember being this hungry. Oh well I will get through it, I HAVE TO!!! :)
lol you'll be fine hun xx:D:D

Back