• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And now i start the next merry go round ride.

Well as I posted in my diary etc no funding for me. Just got back from GP's having discussed what we do next if there was indeed anything we could do. I got the answer I expected, nothing beyond self funding will get me a tummy tuck. Whilst from a personal point of view I feel my apron is huge, it's not, my sores an unfortunate side effect of my bypass but unless they were oozing boils that resisted treatment needed antibiotics to keep them under control.
So that's that at least for now if criteria changes there may be a chance but it's an if and a slim if at that. So he suggested exercise & toning to help with what I can tone & or self funding, in his opinion my apron is small enough to not cost more than a few thousand pounds.
Am I surprised? no, am I disappointed? yes, but then I'm human so hey I'll get over it. Time to re-group & move on when I've processed things through my mind.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the funding, it would have been the icing on the cake for you as you have done so well.

Fingers crossed that they may change the criteria for you....I haven't lost as much as you and still feel my tummy apron is manageable..its the top of my legs I really dislike.

Best wishes x

Sorry Hun. It's a bummer. I got refused because my bmi is 28 and the criteria here is 27. Tried Allways to get to 27 but its not going to happen.

Frankly ladies I think it's a lottery & if they can find a way to say no to you they will.
But that's the way life goes for some of us. If I truly deserve this additional surgery I will find a way or it will find me. Eventually.

Frankly ladies I think it's a lottery & if they can find a way to say no to you they will.
But that's the way life goes for some of us. If I truly deserve this additional surgery I will find a way or it will find me. Eventually.

At the end of the day like me Iam sure your more than pleased with your new self. A bit saggy lump and bump and loose skin can always be covered with clothes.

up till now I hadn't give too much thought re loose skin.i am more focused on just through the hoops till the band is done hoping that it won`t be too bad im just hoping I will be able to live with loose skin I will think about it more nearer the time

Well Pen I have just written on your other post and you have sadi similar to what I have written xx Take care lovely xx

Similar news for me! I was told that gloucester very rarely fund the surgery. That you had to have halved your body weight, have extreme life affecting reasons for the surgery and have maintained weight loss for 3 years. Such a lottery!

Awwww hard lines Penny but at least you tried. X

Back