• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another Newbie :):)

Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I am still trying to navigate myself through this site. I just love how supportive and helpful everyone seems to be on here. I am currently going through the process of being approved for gastric bypass. I am excited and terrified at the same time. I just don't want to fail.

Hi LifesAJourney :) Welcome to the forum :)

I'm relatively new here too. The support here is great :)

I look forward to hearing about your journey :)

Welcome and good luck with everything x

I'm new too and have just started my journey really with my first appointment Friday gone. What stage are you at?
Good luck :)

Everyone is so supportive on here so ask questions and I'm sure someone can help x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am at the stage where I have completed everything up to my final assessment (as required by insurance) from my doctor then everything is forwarded to insurance then surgery date is scheduled so in a couple of months I should be having surgery.*crosses fingers*

Fingers Crossed LifesAJourney :)

You mention insurance. Is that medical insurance that is paying for the op? Sorry to be nosey but I was told no insurance would pay up for bariatric surgery.

Tubbytutor - LifesAJourney could be from America...?? I think some insurances in America pay for the surgery :)

No worries I don't think you are being nosey. Here in the US my insurance that I have does pay for bariatric surgery or portions of it.

Wow thAt is really good. I don't understand why insurance won't pay for WLS. I have bad knees and hips which will both be covered for replacement. But I won't need the replacements if I loose weight...
Where is the logic?!

Back