• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another poo question!

TamPerez111

Since yesterday anything I drink (including water) has been making me sick. I think it may be the dumping syndrome? Not to sure though. But about every 30-45 min. I get this bad cramping in my tummy and I end up in the restroom for about 15 min. Sometimes I get diarrhea poo and sometimes i get nothing. Is this normal? Perhaps I could have a bug or something. I called the doc and am waiting on a call back so we will see!

It's not dumping, that only happens with high sugar or high fat. Sounds like a bug, or lactose intolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Could be due to dehydration,if you have any rehydration salts (diorylite or similar) could try them.

Ok so my dr. Called me and apparently it's from the laxative I took 2 days ago. I had no clue it could last that long. But apparently with our new plumbing it makes it last longer. I sure feel stupid lol. But hey.. Now I know. :)

Thank you! I sure hope the doc is right about this. Because I don't want to be lactose intolerant lol! That would be a catastrophic event for me at this stage!! Lol

My poo stuff is up and down.....sometimes I have a bit of diarrhoea and then don't go for a few days. I just see it as vast changes in eating habits and bodily changes. Hopefully things will sort themselves out when I'm eating properly.
Must say I love all this 'toilet' talk as it only ever happens with other nurses (most nurses I know can chat for England re bowels stuff!!)

Jxx

Hi all,

I have gone through all the symptoms mentioned here. After my op I had constipation then, I had very loose bowels and constipation again all in the first week after surgery. I was re-admitted for dehydration and needed 4 bags IV fluid before I felt better. Just these past few days I have had bad constipation and took dulcolax on advice from a nurse. It worked!!! I have lost 4lbs over night........ amazing and I am glad I know that constiptaion can retain your weight. I drink as much as I can tolerate and know that constipation is more likely due to the fact I dont drink enough. I often feel like I am full to the back of my throat when drinking and have to wait an hour or more before drinking anything else. Drinking and eating at the same time isnt a good idea but I have difficulty eating and waiting up to 30 mins before having any fluids.

I often wonder if my head hunger will go away!!! I still only have 2-3 small meals a day even though I sip fluid while eating. I drink fluids inbetween but still get constipated. Does anyone else have this problem???
I know what is recommended to be the best for me post op but how can a person drink more and not feel like they are awash with fluid??? :(

Hi i am so glad it is nothing more serious .
You are stupid it is all so new to us all,we don't what is normal !!

Love Marie.xoxox :flowers:

how rude!! hahahahahaha

poo bear said:

Haha that is exactly what I told the dr. I feel so stupid!! I feel like a baby. I have to figure everything out all over again! And now I'm constipated. Go figure!!

Back