• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/t calling post opper's who had gallbladder removed

BlueDiamond

Hi All

Just a question as most of u know I had me gallbladder removed this monday just gone.

After every meal I get sweaty, shaky and some times on the loo and it lasts till about 15-30 mins after. Is this normal?? I been reading information on the nhs website etc and I didnt know that some post -oppers can have a dumping effect..............any information would be most helpful. I dont eat fatty foods anyway last 2 meals I ate had less then 5% fat in em , but I still got the "dumping" syndrome. Have kept up me fluid in take , and at a loss really ( got appointment booked for docs but thought I would ask if anyone else has experience this (hope thats ok).............On the whole, am feeling tons better (thanks for all well wishes) apart from this "dumping " syndrome.;)

Thanks in advance - MeJulie

If its the same dumping syndrome that post bypassers suffer with then its nothing to do with the fat intake.

Its the sugar intake that causes you to dump.

nope, didnt have any of thse symptoms.
After my gallbladder op i had no problems, totally felt like i did before i started to have the "gallbladder attacks"
Mention it to your doc.
xxxx

julie what kind of things are you eating as different foods have a lot of hidden sugar in them. now that you have no gall bladder you dont produce the bile to break down fats like you used to do. you can dump on both fats and sugar. sugar dumping is like a diabetic hypo and dumping on fats can cause you to become sweaty, have stomach cramps and a sudden need for the toilet so i believe.

Back