• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another Toilet Question...sorry

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Ok so I am post Op on day 4 and I still do not need to go to toilet..is it normal:confused:
should I prepare and take laxative or will I go naturally and its just the op and anaesthetic slowing things down?

I am worried as when I was on Cambridge diet I ended up in hospital after 5 weeks with a impacted bowl..not something I want to repeat:rolleyes:

The pain killers cause constipation also if you aren't drinking enough fluids! Try some hot water with lemon which helps ur bowel. Otherwise I used some soft laxatives which for me first dose got things moving! Good luck! Paul

You can also try benefibre. You can buy it on amazon. If that doesn't work I'd go for senekot. I didn't go for a week post surgery and it was so painful when I did. Don't leave it too long and good luck xx

It took a week post op for me to go! They sent me home with lactulose which I didn't take at first, but I did after the first toilet visit!!! I think the anaesthetic, plus the LSD both have something to do with it. Make sure you are having enough liquid, but I think its quite normal! xx

bear in mind you're not really consuming a lot on a liquid only diet for it to need to pass that way so this is common without it being anything more than just lack of "waste" if you feel discomfort or when your intake increases then it maybe worth something gentle - dulcolax is gentle but very small tablets so suits a band :)

The pain killers cause constipation also if you aren't drinking enough fluids! Try some hot water with lemon which helps ur bowel. Otherwise I used some soft laxatives which for me first dose got things moving! Good luck! Paul

Thank you Paul xx:)

It took a week post op for me to go! They sent me home with lactulose which I didn't take at first, but I did after the first toilet visit!!! I think the anaesthetic, plus the LSD both have something to do with it. Make sure you are having enough liquid, but I think its quite normal! xx

Thank you Sarah xx

bear in mind you're not really consuming a lot on a liquid only diet for it to need to pass that way so this is common without it being anything more than just lack of "waste" if you feel discomfort or when your intake increases then it maybe worth something gentle - dulcolax is gentle but very small tablets so suits a band :)

Thank you TK xxx;)

My surgeon also recommended Kiwi Crush, which is puréed kiwifruit, mixed with equal parts water.

And take heart: it all gets easier as time goes on and you are able to eat more normally.

I had my op in feb and I'm still taking lactulose daily. If I don't I'm in trouble again. Docs said its gentle enough to keep taking as long as I need it. Looks like I'm on it for life! Lol

My surgeon also recommended Kiwi Crush, which is puréed kiwifruit, mixed with equal parts water.

And take heart: it all gets easier as time goes on and you are able to eat more normally.

Owwww I love kiwi fruit might give that a try :)

I had my op in feb and I'm still taking lactulose daily. If I don't I'm in trouble again. Docs said its gentle enough to keep taking as long as I need it. Looks like I'm on it for life! Lol

Oh Dear no-one like to be on meds for life do they :/
Im on BP tablets and its my aim to come off them one day;)

Yes I think many people just take them as preventative its really painful constipation isn't it.. :/

I didnt go for a few days either think it was 5 or 6 in the end i took liquid senokot and it moved easily and the wind pain went at the same time. Saying that i had mine done 31 aug and i only go every other day now and not very much but not taken anything since. My IBS has gone now too have always struggled with my bowels... This op has changed a lot of things for me x

Back