• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SORRY BUT NEED TO KNOW

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
:wave_cry:sorry guys but this has been worrying me for a while .how often are you supposed to go to the toilet after your op .you see before my op i had ibs so was on the toilet at least 2/3times a day.but now can go a least 3/4 days with out going but am having a bit of back ache so was wondering if it was because i am not going everyday .and am taking senakot to make me go .but not shore if i need to go or it is all sociological.should i stop taking the senekot and let my body just get on with it .anyone else having this problem.

I was the same, hardly went at all. You hardly eat anything so there's nothing much to get rid of. It does get more regular but nothing like it was before :)

I was the same, hardly went at all. You hardly eat anything so there's nothing much to get rid of. It does get more regular but nothing like it was before :)
thanks mixman what would i do without you :)

I used to go daily, same time every day before surgery. Until last week I was going every other day but since starting on iron I've not been for 5 days and it's starting to hurt. Had a large glass of prune juice this morning so fingers crossed it starts to move things along lol :fingerscrossed:

I've been wondering the same LOL! Haven't lost any weight for 4 days now (yeah, I know... I should get OFF those scales !) and I wondered if it was all just sitting around inside. I have been contemplating going back on that horrible Lactulose to get things moving...

I've been wondering the same LOL! Haven't lost any weight for 4 days now (yeah, I know... I should get OFF those scales !) and I wondered if it was all just sitting around inside. I have been contemplating going back on that horrible Lactulose to get things moving...

Hehe I'm putting off weighing myself today until I've ermmm 'shed some excess baggage' :8855:

i have had terrible constipation probs post op and could not stand the lactalose, so my doc gave movicol and a few sachets a day really do the job :) if ur seriously constipated then instead of taking a laxative and u never know how long it takes to work, u could try "glycerine suppositories" i was in constant pain so tried them and it really does the job, and take between 15 mins to an hr to work and u can get them from any chemist for about £2.50, i hated the idea of using them but after being constipated for 5 days and in mega pain i would of tried anything and they really work.

Also u could try upping ur fluids as this can also help with constipation especially if ur early post op and struggling to get ur fluids in.
Hope this has helped u , take care xx

I have the pleasure of informing you all that the prune juice has indeed worked and I've just succeeded in shedding almost 2lbs of excess baggage!! :8855:

Heyyyy ditch the lactulose and the senekot and try aloe vera - whether mixed into some fruit juice as a liquid or even the aloe vera pills. Within a day you'll be pooping like a seagull - frequent, runny and often green ;) and makes for a very healthy clean colon :D

I have the pleasure of informing you all that the prune juice has indeed worked and I've just succeeded in shedding almost 2lbs of excess baggage!!

Posted anywhere else but here, this would be waaay too much information LOL!!:8855: :8855::8855:

Heyyyy ditch the lactulose and the senekot and try aloe vera - whether mixed into some fruit juice as a liquid or even the aloe vera pills. Within a day you'll be pooping like a seagull - frequent, runny and often green ;) and makes for a very healthy clean colon :D

I do take aloe vera juice daily but unfortunately it didn't stop the iron supplement from bunging me up. Prune juice usually works for me ;)

hi all thanks everyone guess i will have to keep taking the senekot .does anyone know when and if it goes back to normal .well as normal as we can be now lol

I have found that post op I still go as often but there is less volume if you know what I mean. If I am getting a bit bunged up which happens as I am on iron tabs I eat something with a bit more fat in it and it helps most of the time but otherwise I take a movicol.

i have had terrible constipation probs post op and could not stand the lactalose, so my doc gave movicol and a few sachets a day really do the job :) if ur seriously constipated then instead of taking a laxative and u never know how long it takes to work, u could try "glycerine suppositories" i was in constant pain so tried them and it really does the job, and take between 15 mins to an hr to work and u can get them from any chemist for about £2.50, i hated the idea of using them but after being constipated for 5 days and in mega pain i would of tried anything and they really work.

Also u could try upping ur fluids as this can also help with constipation especially if ur early post op and struggling to get ur fluids in.
Hope this has helped u , take care xx
hi thanks but have tried the supp and cant keep them in long enought to work .thanks anyway

Back