• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any experience of going from gastric band to bypass please?

Kennedy12345

Hi just wondered if there was online who has had a gastric band but decided to have revision surgery for a bypass?

To cut a long story short I have has a band for around three years but have had some complications and to cut a long story short have ended up with a flipped port and heavier than when I started. I had the band privately.

Absolutely fed up with this band now and should have had the bypass to start with but the price put me off. I'm considering discussing a bypass with my gp. Does any one have any experience of this in terms of funding? Or could give me any advice around processes ect. I've read lots of stories but can't seem to find any consistent info about funding seems it all depend where you live. I'm in derbyshire btw? Any info / advice would be useful. Thanks xx

if you check some of the threads in general weight loss and discussion part there are a few revisions posters good luck hope you get all the info you need

I have had a revision, I had a band in 2009 lost 3 st gained 2 st. Had a revision to bypass in sep 2013 and have lost 5 st already. Best thing I ever did.

I had private band and am 1 week post op revision to MGB again private as the NHS would not assist at all because my band was fitted privately. Always worth a try but my bariatric department wouldn't even accept a referral.

Back