• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from the newbie :)

Nigglybits

Hi, I have found this so interesting to read several of this posts on here, just to realise that there are other people that are going through the same as me :) Started my weight loss journey Nov '12 but was refused funding due to having a BMI of 47 with no co-morb. My Gp is absolutely fantastic and although I had no obvious symptoms of sleep apnea, she sent me to sleep clinic for tests. Well to cut a long story short turns out I have it anyway! Have just started Cpap treatment and yesterday my Gp referred me for funding again.
I am not normally pessimistic but have a bad feeling that I am going to be turned down again, as the criteria for my area stated severe sleep apnea, and the letter from my consultant stated that I had been diagnosed with 'at least moderate sleep apnea............... Anyone got any idea how anal the PCT can be???

Hey niggly, welcome to the site and good luck :) xxx

from me phone :D

Helping my pal with her funding & unfortunately PCTs can be very anal. It is a postcode lottery. I got mine with no problems & didn't have to wait long. She was at leat 6 months ahead of me & still can't even get a decision dispite jumping through all the hoops they throw at her. Saying that her GP & MP have been very helpful. There are some great threads on here that detail ho people have fought & succeeded. Good luck.

i was turned down twice due to different critereas i didn't fit into but here i am 11 stone lighter :) don't give up do whatever they ask and as everyone else says it really is worth it xx good luck

Hi and welcome, I really do hope you get sorted x

Hello, my GP has just applied for funding for me as I got a very helpful letter from my Endo as I have sleep apnea (not severe) but still using a CPAP along with other co-morbs but my BMI is only 41. I so hope they let me have funding. Fingers crossed for us all.

Co-Morbs are other things wrong with you that are usually due to you being overweight. I have sleep apnea, osteo arthritis, high blood pressure, vitamin d deficiency. These will be improved if i lost weight hence my endocrinologist that i see because i also have underactive thyroid has told the pct in a letter that this would improve if allowed surgery. it was her who referred me to the sleep clinic as i was still extremely tired all time time and she said that my thyroid was stabilizing so it had to be something else hence i was referred and found to have it. Ask your GP if they can refer you for a sleep study. Good luck

thanks i dont sleep very well anyay struggle to get a good nights sleep and even if i have 6hrs (which is good for me) i still feel soo tired the next day!! xx

type 2 diabetes is a co morbidity too, and i was always tired and that's when they did my sleep study xx good luck

Back