• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any one NOT doing good?

chunkyboo

So sitting outside Dolan park after my 5th fill and upto 9.5ml in a large band.. Only 1/2 stone down! Ufff..

I am starting to wonder if I have thrown 6grand in the bin? I don't want to lose hope because that is when I know I will slip back into bad habits..

Pam said this month I should really start to feel restriction, I hope so cuz I'm starting to get scared that this is not going to work :(

Please tell me I am not the only one and there is hope!xx

Hiya

Sorry to hear you are struggling!

What sort of things are you eating, has your dietician reviewed this. Is it volume of food thats still an issue or is it what you are eating?

Sorry for all the questions, would love to try and help x

Hello Chunkyboo, I am so sorry to hear you aren't doing so well. I am pre-opper so can't really help but I live in Cheltenham so if you need a chat over coffee i am here. :)
Hope this one will do the trick and get to that sweet spot everyone is talking about. Don't despair, lots of people said he took them a while to feel restriction, I think Neen was one of them. Look back on some of her threads last year they were very helpfull. Keep your chin up it will happen :) xxx big hugs.

Hi there. I was banded 5th May and have lost 2 and a half stone including pre-op diet and have stayed the same for the last 2 weeks. Started doing some exercise this week and trying to cut out the naughty snacks. I think my portion sizes are good as they are fairly small but am falling into the old pattern of having snacks that go down easily like chocolate and ice cream. Everyone else seems to be doing so well compared to me. You see the band as a last resort but you do have to diet with it to get the best results or else it is a very long road. I thought my dieting days would be over after shelling out nearly £6k!

I'm sad that we are in the same boat, but glad too if YKWIM! I'm exercising 20-30 minutes ever day, walking a LOT, NO icecream, chocolate or crisps..On Friday I have lunch out, a 'sensible' choice-low-ish cals and a bottle of wine and a SMALL bit of cake (1/2 a cream cake)I stay on 1,400-1,500 cals a day and it seems to be a waste of time! I know it isn't & that the weight will come off, eventually!
I understand about bad habits, mine began in the school holidays and I GAINED!!! (crisps, wine every night...) I had no restriction until this last fill-6ml in a 10ml band and I feel like things are 'happening' at last. I pretty much said the same as you to the dietician (THG Nottingham clinic) before my last fill and she told me the foods to aim for-crunchy/crispy-to get my nerves around the band 'working'. She said that it isn't a race, it might take several fills to get 'there', ie: the 'sweet spot' where you aren't hungry and only eat to live or at least where you are in control! lol Hope you get 'there' soon, well actually that we all do!
xxxx sharon

I agree with what Mazza says. She has lots of great advice.

Its early days for me still. But its definitely about the type of food we eat. If we try and eat what we used to and expect the band to do the work we are going to struggle more. In all honesty I do still look at the calories I consume as well as the type of food I am eating, because if I didn't I wouldn't loose weight. I was told that the band did 30% of the work but the remainder was down to us. So true.

Early days I didn't eat enough so I went on myfitnesspal.com to work out how many calories for my weight I could consume daily to loose 1-2 lbs per week. It tells me between 1270 and 1770 per day. So I try to stay between those two numbers and it's working. Some days may be as low as 1000 (but no lower as I don't consume enough protein then) and at the weekends I tend to have more but it balances out over the week. Treats are treats, guilt free, but I do not have them every day - only when I eat out. That way I have no temptations at home. And I still track everything I eat. I don't want to waste the £6k I have spent either but I am realistic and happy with a pound a week loss.

Good luck - and try not to loose heart x

Please all look at Mazza's link - she is a successful bander and it is all good advice. No wls is a magic bullet - be it band, bypass, sleeve etc. You need to get into a mind set about changing your lifestyle and making those changes for good. Do not think of it as a diet but about adopting healthy choices in terms of what goes in. It takes hard work and dedication to commit to it but you will see the results in the end - but it will take time. Just enjoy the scenic route of your journey:D. My other tip - keep away from the scales - they are the fast way to soul destruction. Look for other ways to monitor your progress such as how your clothes are fitting.

tranquil x

me!!

stuck at 2 and bit stones down since june/july. had my 4th fill on tues and def feel a bit metter for it but my old eating habits mindset is really screwing me over!

It makes me feel much better to read that other banders find it difficult too. I certainly find it hard to keep on the straight and narrow. I agree about my fitness pal, definitely helps me keep track of my calories, it's amazing how much it all adds up, snacking is so detrimental!
I find that Iam actually not feeling real hunger 95% of the time, it's that blooming head hunger again which is what made me so fat in the first place!
At least we are all here for each other, without this site I would have no idea what is normal for a bander.

To all you lovely banders suffering with the head hunger demon, when he rears his ugly head (got to be a man - right?), what coping strategies do you have in place - or are you struggling to think of any?

There is an old, old thread on here with some tips which I will try to dig out.

Boredom has got to be one of the biggest triggers, my provider advises going for a walk. Then if you are still hungry have something.

Anyway, I will try and dig the thread up and post the link here or 'bump' it :D

Back