• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sick with worry

truffle♥

I am having my band done on the 22 of this month and cant wait but at this moment i am so messed up about everything. when i saw mr sigurdsson he said not worry about liver shrinking because my bmi is 40 and i have no medical problems. From reading on the forums ive decided however to do the milk diet for 10 days pre-op just to be sure and be as fit for surgery as i can. So on sunday im starting. im doing it from sunday as i have a pre-paid for meal booked on saturday night.
however at the moment i just cant seem to be sensible around food im just binging and then trying to do a bit of a diet again im getting in such a pickle. so im thinking what if when it gets to it i cant stick to the milk diet. ?what if i get to dolan park and they wont do me because ive put weight on since my consultation? what if they open me up and sew me back up again?
hen im worried about afterwards -perhaps it wont work for me, was reading something on here yesterday when someone had some mcdonalds very soon after surgery. i realise the band is just an aid to weight loss but wonder if im strong enough to do it successfully:(
sorry for the ramble xx

It's likely to be the usual pre op wobbles that we've all had.....if you really want this you will succeed....great idea to restrict your intake but do bear in mind it wasn't an issue for your surgeon! Just be mindful that you will have temptations coming at you from every angle and you will need the willpower to say no and mean it.....that's one of the reasons I told everyone about my op, so when I said no....I was supported versus being egged on! You'll be fine x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

truffle? said:
thanks jo, ive also told everyone about my op with the same aim.

It does work as in a weird way you can then kind of 'show off' with your amazing willpower..hard to explain but ....! It helps :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I can't answer from a band point of view but just wanted to agree I think it sounds like last minute nerves when it comes to wls. I was in a right state on my milk diet because I found it so hard, I was convinced I would fail. The fact you want to do the milk diet when you don't have to and you are even trying to control your eating before means you do really want this. It is going to be hard but you can do this. Keep telling yourself that and that these moments of worry are normal. You will be ok :) x

Hi Truffle, I am due to have my band fitted on the 23rd, and was told to do a low cal diet only. However, I am like you, and struggle. I know this, as its why I am where I am at now.

My provider didnt mention the milk diet, but I am going to start it thursday, 2 weeks out from my surgery. I have to say, those fears are all things I have.

As they said to me, the band will work if you work with the band. If we do things to go against it, then it wont work . . .

You aren't alone with those fears.

Kat x

Don't worry you're bound to have these thoughts its such a big step. I had a band fitted almost 5 years ago and a pre-op diet wasn't even mentioned. I ate as much as I possibly could before my surgery. I dread to think what state my liver was in. Just keep trying and I'm sure when you've had your band fitted you'll feel really positive. Just remember that we've got a lot of bad habits that arent going to disappear overnight. I still have days when I eat the wrong things but the difference now is that I don't feel I've ruined everything and that I'm a freak. Everyone's allowed a treat every now and again and no-ones perfect all the time. Good luck!

hi there. we all get the wobbles.i had my band on the 30/7/12. with dr super at dolan park. i only managed to get bout 8 days pre op diet prior to surgery as i got a cancellation. up to the day before i was flappin in case i wasnt up to surgery.. i only eaten n healthy diet without calorie count. and was having a drink aswell..alsorts i was generally eating but was healthy foods.. to my surprise my anatomy was fine for surgery. no complications..i was worried about it. having no real pre op diet to stick to.. i was banded on the 30 july 12

Hey truffle, I'm 11 weeks (26th Oct) until my band but like you I'm having pretty serious colly-wobbles. I need to loose about 2 stone and have been advised to be on a pre-op diet for 4 weeks. But I can't help thinking that I have to start now, like today, and lose that weight before the pre-op consult on 24th Sept. And then I think, it's not 4 weeks yet, I can eat anything and feed myself naughty stuff and THEN feel bad about it. Got to learn to say NO to the bad things and YES to good things.
Do you folks think I should start Slimfast regime now? There's no way to ease into it is there? It's got to be full on, cold turkey time :-o

I think for anyone its best to be as fit as you can for surgery, but when to start its hard to say, its sounds like you are feeling like me all emotional. I am starting the milk diet on sunday, trying to look at that day as a kind of cut off/ start. Sunday will be the day i board the train to my new life and dont get off. At the moment im just dithering in the station lol.xx

I'm dithering there with you! My milk train starts tomorrow lol

Been on pre op diet for 5 days now, couldn't do milk diet (made me sick!) but on Slimfast, oxo drinks and low fat yoghurt and apart from a headache at day 3 it's not too bad.

Back