• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any suggestions? How normal is this?

petshell

Firstly The good news is I have lost 17lb since my op on 16th April.
I did really well on liquids and puree (except for the fish). I have not felt hungry and head hunger hardly noticeable.
I have been on Stage 3 (mushed food not puree) since last Friday and I have been sick almost every day.For example:
Yesterday I had shepherds pie and felt really uncomfortable and was sick after about 6 teaspoon full

Today, I had 2 danish crispbakes (light) with humous and felt really ill after (felt like it wouldnt go down) -I went to bed to avoid being sick.

I had three teaspoons of mashed potato and tuna mayo tonight and have suffered ever since; vomiting lots of mucous and a little food, heavy feeling from sternum to throat and generally feeling uncomfortable.

So I think I need to go back to puree again for a few days and will phone the Bariatric dietician tomorrow.
However, NO REGRETS but anyone got any tips?
Shells

I too am pre-op, onl a suggestion perhaps you should just start with one teaspoon full and then have your pureed stuff, then when you can do one teaspoon do two and so on.

i am only guessing, but hope u get sorted soon.

I'm still pre-op too but I tend to agree with Mary's suggestion of gently phasing in the mushy food alongside the pureed. Unless your bariatric dietician has a different suggestion of course.

Hope you start to feel better and more able to manage your food soon xx

I'm with all of the above and though you've probably heard it before eat it as slowly as you can and chew chew chew some more and then..... chew again just to be sure!

Good luck with it all, and well done on the weight loss xx

Back