• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

looking for reassurance

xxsarahxx

I'm 4 weeks post bypass on thursday and should be on liquids until then. The last few days i've been trying a few puree foods to see how they go down. I've had weetabix, yoghurt, mash etc but most of the time they make me sick or i have to make myself sick as i feel so uncomfortable. I'm only having tiny mouthfuls that probably add up to a couple of teaspoons at one meal. It seems like such a small amount to be making me feel so uncomfortable. Any tips gratefully recieved.
I feel like i'm never going to be able to eat properly again :(

When you get on to the sloppy stage, it really does need to be sloppy to start with. Loads of milk with the wheatabix, loads of gravy with the mash.

Dont forget your pouch is still healing, so its not been use to food in it for 6 weeks including pre op. Just take things slow and keep it small.

Thanks mate...i must admit i think i'm guilty of not making it sloppy enough. I'll leave it a few days and try again x

Yeah I would say the same as Gary, make sure everything is really sloppy and you should be ok, Karen x

Are you keeping plenty of fluids down. Remember to sip sip sip x
Yes, luckily the liquids go down a treat so that's something i don't have to worry about. Thanks x

Also don't forget sugar free ice lollies if you fancy a different texture or taste.
I managed to find some yesterday at sainsburys so i'll try one later..thanks for reminding me.

I've tried again today with meat in gravy and mash. I made is so sloppy and hey presto, it went down lovely. I still can't manage alot but i hope that will come with time x

great news! glad you are managing. I am having liquids at the mo as puree made me uncomfortable. x
Think i spoke too soon. Had the exact same meal for tea tonight and i was sick. I just can't seem to feel when enough is enough x

I'm sorry this is happening Sarah. I am a total wimp when it comes to being sick and am really scared of eating too much. I know I don't have to worry about it for nearly 4 more weeks but it's not something I look forward too, as I know it's trial and error til you learn to hear what the new plumbing says.
Hope it goes better today.
Are you remembering to chew it well even though it's puree or is it so thin that it's like soup?

I'm sorry this is happening Sarah. I am a total wimp when it comes to being sick and am really scared of eating too much. I know I don't have to worry about it for nearly 4 more weeks but it's not something I look forward too, as I know it's trial and error til you learn to hear what the new plumbing says.
Hope it goes better today.
Are you remembering to chew it well even though it's puree or is it so thin that it's like soup?
Welcome back!!!!!
I'm getting there with it. The sickness aint too bad, think i'm getting used to it lol. The purree is almost like liquid , any thicker and it doesn't go down well at all. I think it's getting better x

Glad you're getting the hang of how thin to make it! Everything tastes pretty horrible to me still and I have a constantly nasty taste in my mouth. I'm going to try a Bovril in a minute.
Are you walking much Sarah?

I'm terrified of being sick, have got constant nausea but just keep sipping water as I'm paranoid I will split my new stomach if I'm sick (drama queen)!!.....lollies are my saviour, I'm finding it hard to keep up with fluid intake so lollies are a great alternative :)

Dont suppose I should comment really! Had my op on 20th May and still struggle with "solids!" and dont every think I will be able to eat normally again. Only thing my pouch (BUDDY!) really likes is anything made from mince and then only in very small quantities. Went to a BBQ yesterday and had two tiny mouthfuls of a burger and a tomato from the salad - felt crap!! First time felt "OMG what have I done" but lasted only couple of mins when I looked in the mirror and saw my sister looking back at me, (who is very much thinner than me!) - Small price to pay for a wonderful future xx

Dont suppose I should comment really! Had my op on 20th May and still struggle with "solids!" and dont every think I will be able to eat normally again. Only thing my pouch (BUDDY!) really likes is anything made from mince and then only in very small quantities. Went to a BBQ yesterday and had two tiny mouthfuls of a burger and a tomato from the salad - felt crap!! First time felt "OMG what have I done" but lasted only couple of mins when I looked in the mirror and saw my sister looking back at me, (who is very much thinner than me!) - Small price to pay for a wonderful future xx
i really sympathize hun. I really cannot eat anything that isn't very runny and even then i can only have a few mouthfuls. I suppose everyone is different and i'm trying my best not to panic and think that this is what it's going to be like forever. I'm just concerned i'm not eating enough at the minute x

Back