• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

puree stage - some advice please

homedesiree

I had a gastric sleeve on 27th Nov & tried to stick to my dieticians guidelines. But I have been worried that I am able manage more than others seem to be able to handle. I am so worried that at this (puree) stage I am going to have more than I should. Drinks, shakes have not yet made me feel full, sick, uncomfortable or anything else!!!? Tonight for my first pureed meal I put some shepherds pie in a blender & it went down really well - no probs but how will I know when enough is enough????

Hi Homedesiree.

I can't help you too much as I certainly felt the difference going from liquids to purée. I did 3 weeks liquid and the first week of purée I was having no more than 3 small tablespoons.

The guidelines banders are given is always a good guide. You need to get everything in your meal in a pot no bigger than a Muller light yogurt pot.

Take it nice and easy.

Good grief ... A Muller light yoghurt pot!!!!? I can prob easily manage two of those filled with pureed food with no bad effects. Feeling a bit of a failure :-( worried I will stretch my new sleeve!

Last edited:
I am 8 weeks out today, and I feel like I can eat too much.

I do not even get that full feeling anymore like I did when I first had the OP, and I am very worried that I can eat too much, and panic all the time when I eat.

I can easily eat 1500 kcal in just 3 meals (500 each meal), and do not even feel full.

I am trying my best to stick to 1200 kcal per day and the only way to do this for me is to measure my food and kcal content per meal to make sure I am not going over.

I also have the same breakfast and lunch on most days, and its only my dinner that now differs, and the reason I do this, is so that I know how much I am having for at least two meals and that leaves room for a bit more for dinner.

Bu yes I feel that I can eat too much as well.

I'd also advice talking to your team...on puree i managed about a side plate full (5-7" plate) and now i'm on solids i definitely can't manage as much - I think of it as the size meal which is perfect is that which you would probably give a 5 year old...although i have to admit i do get a full feeling and i've learnt to know what this feels like and after two occassions of dumping, i really listen to my body when i eat now...only time will tell if i make any mistakes at corporate xmas do's i'm at this weekend and next and then of course xmas - but i have to admit it is easier being on solids now...i'd recommend trying to eat slowly though as well which helps - i was given a 30 second egg timer - chew for 30seconds and swallow then rest for 30 seconds before the next mouthful and each mouthful should be about the size of a 50pence piece i was advised...but it differs hugely from provider to provider i've found...best of luck anyway - i think for you to stretch the sleeve you'd have to eat a fair whack so speak to them before you worry unneccessarily...

I think we must be all very different, almost 4 months puts op and I an still eating 500-650 cals a day. To be able to finish a danio yoghurt is a challenge, I'm full to the top, I think that's 150g, if I eat solid food a can eat three chicken nuggets with nothing else and I'm full. Tonight I had two chicken pakoras and threw them up.
We are all different. You can't stretch your sleeve after a few weeks I'm sure. maybe it depends what size your sleeve is.
Give them a ring and see what they say but I'm sure solid food will make a difference.

On purée I blitzed up beans and mini sausages, that was very filling, see how that goes down.

Ok so just experienced the "enough is enough" feeling !!!! For the fist time since op. I had a banana blended into milk - I can't take ready made protein shakes as I have now become lactose intolerant and have to use lactose free milk. Anyway I had about 550 mls cos I was (a) enjoying it & (b) thought it felt OK. BUT I am now hurting & feeling sick !!!! Haven't actually been sick but just feel horrible. I won't be doing THAT again but now VERY anxious I've done something terrible to my new 'sleeve'!!!??? Had anyone else done similar ? & regretted it? Did you do any harm?

550ml gosh you really can pack it in!!
Don't worry if your stomach doesn't want it, it will probably throw it up.
Have you tried more solid purée yet, that should be more filling, even a weetabix.

Back