• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else having problems with the Whittington??

Gnomes

Hello all

I had my band fitted at the Whittington in London over 11 weeks ago now, and I'm still waiting for my first fill.

They have now cancelled and re-arranged 5 app's!!!
It's driving me mad.
Now they have just informed me, that the post op clinic is moving from Mondays to Tuesday afternoons, great, I work on Tuesdays and my work are getting really pee'd off with me telling them I have an app, getting my hours covered by someone, then I'm telling them the hospital have cancelled yet another app GGGRRRRRR!!!!

Will I EVER get my first fill??

They seemed very good to begin with, at all the pre op app, but now I've had the op.......

Has anyone else had this problem??

Sorry to rant ..... but ..........

I'm also starting to put on weight!!! I need help

Hi Gnomes, unfortunately my answer is I've had no problems with the Whittington at all ..... and they now have 4 bariatric surgeons which was supposed to ease the load of work for Mr Sufi and Mr Heath.

Perhaps you could mention that in your next phone call to them? Hey, I thought you had 4 bariatric surgeons now and this was meant to speed things up, not cause more delays? (hint hint) ......?

Ouch that is a long time for a first fill.................. If they happen to cancel again I would consider writing to one of the surgeons ( as they may not be aware of your various cancellations) or secondly talk too patient liaison and ask them too look into it - Hope you get sorted real soon x

Yeh Im sorry to say I have had nothing but issues with the Whittington especially Dougal Heath. Have been going for over 2 years and had funding for same amount of time and when I questioned it he couldnt offer a decent reply so I complained and he discharged me back to my GP. It appears that some people are so desperate for this op, that they will do and go through anything to get it. When you stand up for your self they dont like it.

Yeh i would suggest getting in touch with PALS too. alot of people on here who have had issues seem to get them resolved almost immediately once they get involved x

Back