• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whittington

Thanks so much for the info girls, i'll be on their case first thing, also it's so reassuring that you think so highly of Mr Sufi, he was very nice with me, just very busy, I wasn't going to ask to be transfered over to Mr Heath because i felt confident with him.

Twiggy i meet a young girl at the hospital, she was one year on, asking if she could start a family.
This is what she said :-
Mr Sufi lost concentration during her op (his own words ) cut the wrong thing she ended up being in theatre double time, she was told she could take it higher, she just changed to Heath.
My oldest friend who lives in Islington told me Sufi was in the paper as a WLP died, he was cleared of any negligence.
As it's a serious op we're having i felt i would tell you, otherwise i would've stayed shtum..I'm staying with him.

I feel bad posting this..i was a click away from delete.
Speak later Love Jan x

Yes Sufi has lost a patient but that patient had LOTS of health problems and comorbidities. As I understand it, it truly was a last option for her/him. Sadly it was left too late (not Sufi's fault though as far as I'm aware!!).

Hi Meggie, i know it's 1 in 100 he gave me, every op has risks, it's a chance we take, i want and need mine so i'm thinking positively. I was impressed with the hospital as a whole anyway, feel happy going ahead with it.

Once i feel things are moving along for me..hahah.. Jan x

Don't worry about posting Janzz, it's always good to see the bigger picture and obviously there are huge risks involved with this type of surgery. I know Lisa had some complications and I was mortified at first and almost cancelled my op, but I was in a vulnerable state of mind then and now I'm quite happy to proceed with it.

Mr Sufi isincredibly busy and I recall being somewhat put out when I had my first appt with him as he was answering the phone and discussing other patients with colleagues while I was sat there. But this is just his manner, and you soon get used to it, and despite interruptions he will give you as much time as you need and nothing seems to be too much trouble.

I've seen him three times now and each appt was getting on for an hour, so obviously his clinics end up running behind time so be prepared to spend all morning there if necessary ;)

Oh, and I agree with Meggie about phoning every day, well Monday to Thursday as his clinic is on a Monday so no point phoning Friday as they wouldn't have time to get your file up to clinic. Chase everything up too as Lorna has a very bad habit of forgetting things, and not answering the phone! ;)

Thanks for that Twiggy, we'll always hear bad stuff, so best to put it on the back burner hay hun. You must be looking forward to getting it done now, not too long to wait.
I will be on the phone tomorrow though..best wishes Jan x

Hi All, hope all is well with you'll..........
I've been calling up Lorna this morning and only get the answering machine, is it worth leaving a message or shall i keep ringing, thanks for any replys.Jan x

Lorna is a very hard person to get hold of, email her and call her is the best way x

Thanks Roch, hope you had a good day, i'll be back on the phone again tomorrow, do you know her email addy or is it easy to find, thanks once again..Jan x

Hi All, hope all is well with you'll..........
I've been calling up Lorna this morning and only get the answering machine, is it worth leaving a message or shall i keep ringing, thanks for any replys.Jan x

Little tip for you.... she never answers the phone the first time so as soon as you hear the answerphone hang up and dial again ;)

Obviously there will be genuine times she cant answer if she's out of the office or on her mobile (that's how the consultants reach her when she doesn't answer the phone lol)

Janzz, how long has it been since your appointment with Mr Sufi??

Morning Jan i have emailed u lorna`s email addy as u still cant get pm`s till u reach 50 posts, i hope its the right email addy 4 u its the one registered here on the site.
Enfield pct are so hard they dont like funding anything and made me jump through hoop after hoop till Mr Sufi and Lorna (believe it or not lol) jumped in and took over and set the ball rolling for me.

Honestly when it comes to what the girl in the clinic told u "Mr Sufi did or was meant to of said" i would take it with a pinch of salt, if i had a choice between Sufi and heath i would chose Sufi any day.
Yes he has lost a patient but that is one out of his whole wls career and that was because of complications after and not from the actual surgery and tbh when anyone has any kind of surgery their is a chance of death even if they are healthy and not over weight, honestly you are in good hands.

Mr Sufi was a gods send for me and i truly cant thank him enough for performing my op and giving me back my life, Lorna did really help me big time she went over and beyond to sort things out for me and really helped me get through all the red tape.
If u want to chat at any time have sent u my mob number in the email, its so weird we might even recognise each other as we live so near and were even in Sainburys at the same time last week lol.

Chat soon and take care luv Roch xx

Hi all, hope you're all well this morning, I just spoke with Roch, what a lovely gal she is, put my mind at ease and gave me a couple of tips as well, thanks hun, OMG, just got a call from the hospital, going for my bike test on Tuesday...waaayy, later Jan x

Hi all, hope you're all well this morning, I just spoke with Roch, what a lovely gal she is, put my mind at ease and gave me a couple of tips as well, thanks hun, OMG, just got a call from the hospital, going for my bike test on Tuesday...waaayy, later Jan x

Ohhh ur making me blush :D:D:D:D:D thats fab news bout ur app hope they all come trough as quick, so far ur going through all the paces quickly so fingers crossed ur whole journey is like that, chat soon xx

Hi Janzz,

Glad things are going well. Sounds like the others have given you some really good advice so don't worry about things and just go with whatever you are comfortable with.

Good luck with the bike test...it's a bit of a killer if you push it as hard as they want but the guys who do it are great.

Hope to see you at a group meeting one day :)

Hi Lisa, thanks for your reply, always great to get some feed back, i'll take everything on board hun, looking forward to my journey (hopefully it won't be too long) but we all say/said the same ..haha x Jan

Back