• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whittington

janzz

Started my journey in January (referal) saw dietian in March, then Mr Sufi last week, had bloods taken, bp, weighed, now waiting for other appointments to come through before i see him again August 9th. He mentioned seeing the psycholigist but there's an extremely long wait...hopefully i can bypass that one! Anyone else here attending The Whittington, my PCT is Enfield, i've heard they're way in debt !!

Great reading all your posts, you have all really enlightened me..I thank you. J x

Good Luck in your journey Janzz. I wasn't at the Whittington but there are quite a few on here who have had their ops there. I'm sure they'll be able to give you some advice :)

I had mine at the Whittington 3 weeks ago. Did you go to the group meeting this month? Kirsten was talking about the waiting list for the phych...really hope you don't need it. I think without that it will be MUCH quicker.

Unfortunately I come under Barnet PCT but Roch is Enfield PCT so she may be able to help you further.

I hope it's speedy for you x

Thanks girls for replying, i didn't go to the meeting this month, what was said about the pychologist, bad news i expect....must try and wing it somehow, speak soon Jan x

Thanks girls for replying, i didn't go to the meeting this month, what was said about the pychologist, bad news i expect....must try and wing it somehow, speak soon Jan x

Hi,

Kirsten was just saying that the waiting list for phych is over a year at the mo! Some people have got appointments for summer 2011 already. Madness isn't it? She did also say though that they're looking into employing their own phych to speed things up.

But don't worry just yet...not everyone needs to see one so you may be just fine x

Hi jan i am also an enfield gal u never know we might of even walked passed each other sainsburys or tesco`s lol.
Enfield did put a hold on funding for wls and mine thankfully was an exceptional case hence getting the funding.
If u want to chat at any time then pm me, do u live actually in Enfield or the borough.
Take care and good luck and chat soon luv Roch xx

Hi Roch, yes i live in enfield, not far from Chase farm,
After reading the threads, i think i'm in for the long haul..Well done to you so far and i hope you had a good birthday..

Me, waiting on the postman every morning ! lol..My life in one, must put it to the back of my mind!
I was in Sainburys this morning, did we pass one another.
Speak soon Jan x

Hi Lisa, thanks for getting back to me, I'll be going to the next meeting, maybe i may have moved along a bit by then !lol! re:- appointments, well done to you so far xx Jan

Hi Lisa, thanks for getting back to me, I'll be going to the next meeting, maybe i may have moved along a bit by then !lol! re:- appointments, well done to you so far xx Jan

Hi lol i was in sainsburys this moring 2 about 11.30 lol, i live 2 mins away from toby carvery.
Can u get pm`s yet x

Just realised think u need 50 posts for pm`s if u post on the word game thread u can get ur posts up to 50 in less than an hr lol.
When u can pm send me a pm and maybe i can give u some advice to try and help u get through some of the hoops that enfield pct put me through xx

Thanks Roch that'll be brilliant, maybe we're met at some slimming clubs too, haha..I was there at before 11 to 12..
I try with my posting now.. Jan x

Hey hun. I'm also a Whit patient. Rather than wait for the post and send yourself slowly crazy, call the appointments line and see if they have anything booked in for you!! And whilst you're on ask if they've got any cancellations!! I did and majorly cut down my waiting time!!! I also managed to get a very last minute cancellation for my psych appointment so it is possible to do so if you are available at the last minute!!! I ended up speaking to the psych department directly and saying I'd take anything!!!

Good luck!!!

Thanks Meggie. i'll definitely do that, mind you Mr Sufi mentioned St Annes for psych, seems they've lost theirs??
I will push for any cancellations though, will try and chat with Kirsten to avoid psych if pos!! well done on your weight loss so far xx Jan

Thanks hun!!

I had to go to St Anne's too. I had actually decided to go private for my appointment to speed things up but managed to get the cancellation sooner!!

Hi Meggie, wow you are/were so one the ball, i called the appointments today, nothing yet but i'll keep on.
Did you end up going private for the pych , if so was it expensive (if you don't mind me asking)...Any other tips will be gratefully received, lol..I've also heard some negative stuff about Mr Sufi ! Surely he wouldn't be allowed to operate ??????
Anyway hope you're good and enjoying the sun. Jan x

Haha I did get a bit annoying but you can totally tell they're used to it!! I kinda found that if you don't ask, you don't get.

My private appt would've been around £300 so was glad when I got the NHS appointment through and was able to cancel the private appointment!!

Hints and tips for other things..........keep ALL of your paperwork in a file and bring it with you to every appointment. During my final appointment with Mr Heath they discovered that they hadn't received most of my reports through. Luckily I had copies of them all in my file so they didn't slow things down awaiting the elusive reports!!! Also, if you don't get appointments for everything Sufi mentioned then contact Lorna and don't let her fob you off. They hadn't sent my referral for my bike test so that would've delayed things aswell!!!

Can't comment on Mr Sufi other than to say everyone I know who has had ops with him worship the ground he walks on!! And he wouldn't be the head of the department if he was crap!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've also heard some negative stuff about Mr Sufi ! Surely he wouldn't be allowed to operate ??????

Hi, would you mind sharing the negative stuff you've heard about Mr Sufi please? He's my surgeon so I'd like to know whether there's something I should be aware of. Thanks :)

Hi all, I had Mr Heath but when I had complications Mr Sufi kind of took over. He was wonderful! Came to see me several times a day, made things happen really quick and really knew what he was talking about. He didn't hide anything from me and explained things as they were and made me feel very much part of what was going on. I couldn't fault him and feel very grateful to both of the surgeons for being so on the ball and taking real personal interest. Don't worry Janzz or Twiggie...you'll be in good hands with those 2 :)

As for phych...I bugged them directly (at St Anne's) every day in the hope that I would get a cancellation. I didn't but got there in the end anyway.

Lorna however - make sure you keep on her back!

Thanks Lisa, I've had no worries with Mr Sufi so far, he's been absolutely wonderful with me, and as you say he's honest and upfront and you know exactly where you stand. I'm just wondering what the negatives are that Janzz has heard, hopefully nothing too serious ;)

Thanks so much for the info girls, i'll be on their case first thing, also it's so reassuring that you think so highly of Mr Sufi, he was very nice with me, just very busy, I wasn't going to ask to be transfered over to Mr Heath because i felt confident with him.

Twiggy i meet a young girl at the hospital, she was one year on, asking if she could start a family.
This is what she said :-
Mr Sufi lost concentration during her op (his own words ) cut the wrong thing she ended up being in theatre double time, she was told she could take it higher, she just changed to Heath.
My oldest friend who lives in Islington told me Sufi was in the paper as a WLP died, he was cleared of any negligence.
As it's a serious op we're having i felt i would tell you, otherwise i would've stayed shtum..I'm staying with him.

I feel bad posting this..i was a click away from delete.
Speak later Love Jan x

Back